What are you smiling about? The Non-Complaint Thread

! ! ! ! ! ! ! ! ! ! ! ! ! ! ! ! ! ! ! ! ! ! ! ! ! ! !

AHHHHHHHHHH, YESSSSSSSSSSSSS :smiley:

I love BOTH Escape movies. L.A. is fun, but New York is the tops.

Kurt Russell just delivers for Carpenter, and THEN some.

5 Likes

OMG, after seeing EFNY, a Cadillac with chandeliers installed became my new dream car! :rofl:

4 Likes

Whenever I see Kurt Russell, I think first of The Computer Wore Tennis Shoes.

8 Likes

He was also in a first season ep of The Man From UNCLE. :woman_shrugging:

2 Likes

Really? I didnā€™t know that! I just remember him sleeping and speaking in computer code. :slight_smile:

2 Likes

Yep, episode 10, ā€œThe Finny Foot Affairā€!

2 Likes

Yes he was. I think thatā€™s the youngest Kurt Russell Iā€™ve found

2 Likes

Earliest according to IMDB was a 1962 Dennis the Menace episode. Kurt wouldā€™ve been about 8, I think. The UNCLE episode was 2 years and a couple more TV shows later.

2 Likes

Whence the term, ā€œchoking oneā€™s chickenā€!

I understand now!

Itā€™s not mechanically separated, but it is prepared con amore!

When I reach the free zone, I shall seek this product out!

2 Likes

A half-hour of peace and quiet

No internet whinging, no work hells, no dwelling on troubles of mind and body.

No TV, no music, no computer, no phone, somehow, no outside noise (barking dogs and screaming children, etc.), no rushing about.

I just sat there and breathed, relaxed, and calmed my mind.

11 Likes

WARNING - this may make you fall asleep 20mins after posting about it on the Internet.

1 Like

Weird bit of trivia, when Walt Disney died in 1966 a piece of paper was found on his desk with just the words ā€œKurt Russellā€ written on it. No one knows what the reason he wrote that name was.

5 Likes

Iā€™m a copy editor, so that lilā€™ factoid makes me smile and brings me my paycheck.

4 Likes

I think that must happen with test questions, too. So often my students will write an answer based on the topic of the question and my questions are rarely just asking for simple definitions. They require analysis.

3 Likes

Rendering a file for a video project. Finally.

3 Likes

I spent a few hours volunteering at a parrot sanctuary today and the birds were so cute and fun. I had the best time!

7 Likes

When I was in Oshkosh last night I thought about driving up and down the streets yelling ā€œTeriG where are you?ā€ out the car window. Seems like the appropriate thing to do at 11:30PM after a concert.

7 Likes

Iā€™m not in Oshkosh, so your efforts would have been wastedā€¦ and I think some people would be upset at you.

5 Likes

I bought my 80-year-old mother a Jewish wisdom ball and she thought it was hilarious. We all passed it around and asked it questions and laughed. It was a nice visit this afternoon.

4 Likes

Went to go see Six at the National Theater in DC this afternoon. Itā€™s a great showā€“if it comes to or near your town, go! The venue is the best Iā€™ve seen a musical inā€“granted, I have not seen anything on Broadway (though thatā€™s on my bucket list). My husband got boxed seats for me as his birthday present to me a little over a month ago. Then we stopped at this coffee/gelato place and had really good gelato (and I also had a cold brew). Such a fun afternoon!

6 Likes