What are you watching right now???

Superargo

2 Likes

I have reached season 4 of Everwood

2 Likes

New Year’s Evil

Haven’t heard of it before, but it’s Cannon and a Slasher so I expect it to be a laugh, at least. Plus the main character is the girlfriend of the Fonz, so that’s a bonus?

4 Likes

2 Likes

Started but haven’t finished Peacemaker (also need to finish Doom Patrol, which is great BTW).

If you haven’t seen it yet, watch Foundation on AppleTV+ (it deviates from the books but is still good).

Our Flag Means Death is what I’m watching now now.

3 Likes

Pretty standard post-Halloween slasher fare, IIRC. Taafe O’Connell who came up both earlier in this thread and over here is in that.

2 Likes

Catching up on today’s stage of the Paris-Nice road race. I love road racing so freaking much!

4 Likes

Settling in for The Mads Are Back: The Devil’s Hand :clinking_glasses:
Getting that monthly live dose of Frank & Trace. :hearts:

6 Likes

The Devil’s Hand with The Mads - any minute now

6 Likes

Devil’s Hand too! This one is going to be a hoot

6 Likes

Same here.

5 Likes

Very nice! Casual observing or do you have a rooting interest?

4 Likes

Watching some New Japan Pro Wrestling on the Roku Channel. It’s a tag-team match between Tetsuya Naito & Sanada and Taichi & Zack Sabre Jr.

No luchador shenanigans in the vein of Santo, but still, pretty good stuff!

5 Likes

Somewhere in between. I started following the Grand Tours sixteen years ago,and many of my faves have retired. Except for Nibali. Completely forgot Paris-Nice was underway. I’ve been busy.

5 Likes

Cool! I started watching road racing only with last year’s Tour, so I’ve been playing catchup since, LOL. Tadej Pogacar is my favorite, though Jumbo Visma has a lot of riders I like (Roglic, Kuss, van Aert), so they’re probably my favored squad.

I’m just super glad that NBC Peacock carries a surprising number of events, though I am a bit daunted by the thought of keeping up with the Giro/Tour/Vuelta when they kick off! Not enough time in the day! :face_with_spiral_eyes:

5 Likes

About to press play on Bong Joon-ho’s Memories of Murder (2003) for the first time. Picked this up on Bluray a few months ago and just haven’t gotten around to watching it until now.

4 Likes

The OG version of The Town That Dreaded Sundown via Shudder.

Really good stuff. Charles B. Pierce of Boggy Creek II fame directed and produced it (and shows up in a supporting role), and Jimmy Clem - Crenshaw himself - appears in a role that isn’t very Crenshaw-y!

7 Likes

Just as long as there’s no little creature.

4 Likes

Hugely influential film. I only started watching Korean movies regularly about four years ago (and only those made availaable in our local theaters), and two of them happened to be strongly inspired by this one, which led me down a rabbit hole. It’s not quite OldBoy influential it’s had at least a dozen imitators.

4 Likes

I haven’t seen nearly enough Korean cinema up to now, but I have enjoyed everything that I’ve seen so far and look forward to watching more in the future.

4 Likes