What are you watching right now???

Wait, what?!

SUDDEN CHEKOV FROM OUT OF NOWHERE!

10 Likes

You’ll notice he doesn’t have any scenes with Shatner, though.

3 Likes

:thinking:

Could there be something about their relationship?

1 Like

8 Likes

Chekov’s Chekov

3 Likes

4 Likes

Of course, the charm of the original movie was precisely that he wasn’t human. Dr. Loomis, who should have been the voice of reason, runs around the entire movie trying convince people that Myers Is Evil Incarnate, and sounding like a crazy man till the end of the movie.

That’s why the ending was so perfect and there never should have been a sequel, much less 15 sequels. It’s not a premise that can be sustained.

Yeah, The Big Bus was a Big Flop finishing well below such classics as Mother, Jugs and Speed and the Burt Reynolds’ fiasco Gator (which probably says more about Reynolds BO power at the time).

An edited version was on TV in record time, doubtless in an attempt to recoup some of the losses.

It has much of the sentiment of Airplane! but not the same courage of its convictions, and—I’m not sure, but did Airplane! essentially create the cutaway gag? That seems impossible, but it sure popularized that technique.

Around here, we often re-enact that final scene when Shatner realizes he’s slipped up and Columbo has him.

4 Likes

Monty Python did them, but they were usually non sequiturs.

2 Likes

Currently watching the Farscape marathon on Shout Factory’s Twitch channel

I love this show

3 Likes

Frelling Awesome!

2 Likes

They should never have made it in Smell-o-vision.

4 Likes

I first saw Phase IV when I was 7/8 years old and it gave me nightmares about falling down a pit and being eaten by ants. :tired_face:

5 Likes

Apart from the weird ending, which was forced on Saul Bass by the studio, I think Phase IV is a pretty good film.

5 Likes

Mets vs. A’s in Oakland. I like both teams, but the Mets have something to play for so I’m rooting for them.

1 Like

I watched it again a few years ago as it was on Netflix and it was quite therapeutic to realise it wasn’t anywhere near as graphic as I remembered it being. And yeah, I agree it’s actually a pretty good film.

3 Likes

Dear Sports Team,

I’ve reached the age where I’m selective how I spend my time. Therefore, if you play poorly, I’m going to turn you off tout suite. (I’m glaring at you, Badgers).

Sincerely,
wyswysia

3 Likes

And coincidentally, in my rotation of Columbo episodes I’ve come to “Butterfly in Shades of Grey”, which is the '90s episode with Shatner. I think the one you just saw is a much better episode, though the one I’m watching has one of the better endings from the later run.

4 Likes

You named yourself after their theme song, you won’t stop watching for long.

2 Likes

Yeah, I can’t believe I watched the whole movie again, Office Space.

No, the infamous night terror dream of the main dude should not be linked, although despite the incorrect opinions of some prudes, it contains no nudity nor any sexual content.

1 Like

Ooh, yeah…I’m gonna hafta go ahead and…disagree with you on that one…

Just got through doing a watchalong with JB & Darcy and–yeah, probably seen this movie six times and I still don’t know what’s going on other than…boobs.

1 Like