What are you watching right now???

I knew about this one! I kinda thought, you know, that’d be enough as far as filmmaking in NoKo went…

2 Likes

Bridget and Mary Jo commentary

Creature Feature Monster Movies GIF

5 Likes

The Sandman Episode 2

2 Likes

Sangraal, la Spada di Fuoco, aka Sword of the Barbarians (1982)
Notable (for MSTies at least) in this by-the-numbers Barbariansploitation flick is the part of the interminable opening voice-over where it mentions that our hero’s father is Ator.
Sabrina Siani (from Ator, The Fighting Eagle) also has a small part in this, as a goddess who’s probably forgotten to finish getting dressed.

1 Like

I finally watched the Hilda feature film on Netflix, Hilda and the Mountain King. I’d been putting it off because I assumed it would be the de facto series finale, what with Netflix’s recent attitude toward animated shows. But apparently there will be a third season, so hooray!

The movie was very good… more serious and with higher stakes than the typical Hilda episode, and rooted in mythology to a surprising degree.

4 Likes

I have purchased, but not yet watched, Rifftrax’s Gumby movie. I’ll report back if I survive.

7 Likes

As in Gumby: The Movie? I genuinely enjoy that film.

3 Likes

That’s the one!

5 Likes

Yep. I like that movie. I used to have it on VHS.

1 Like

Oh, you’re in for a treat. One of my instant favorites.

4 Likes

seaQuest DSV

1 Like

The BB Beegle Show (1979, pilot)

I first heard about this rediscovered lost pilot episode through Twitter and after seeing it, I’m not surprised it didn’t get picked up. In case you weren’t aware, this was essentially Hanna Barbera’s answer to The Muppet Show (complete with two guest stars, Joyce Dewitt and Arte Johnson) and the only episode that aired. While the puppets are fine for the most part, the writing and the actual lip-synching of the puppets aren’t quite where they need to be and thus it comes across as a cheap, subpar knockoff of The Muppet Show.

2 Likes

New Blu Ray set from Eureka, the Angela Mao double feature arrived and I’m watching Lady Whirlwind which was released in the US originally as checks notes Deep Thrust. Well, that was certainly a choice.

4 Likes

God Told Me To (1976)

2 Likes

Nothing, because I had to work and missed the livestream.

2 Likes

Larry Cohen!

2 Likes

Watched The History of Swear Words on Netflix. Nicholas Cage did a delightful send-up of a posh, classy host. And Tom Servo, I mean Dr. Kabahl, I mean Baron Vaughn got to share some clever observations on a couple of episodes :smile_cat:

2 Likes

I liked that movie a lot except the ending, which I thought was silly.

1 Like

Just found out there’s a second series!

1 Like

Yesterday, back-to-back Danger/death+ray and HS Big Shot (the MST3K episodes, not the raw movies!), followed by a drunken millionth rewatch of Color of Money and the beginning of The Hustler.

Today, I could probably plug in my TV, find a place to put it, and watch the Bills/Ravens game, but I think I’ll just follow along with the scores online, as with Seattle/Detroit.

3 Likes