What are you watching right now???

Their sacrifice will not go un-honoured.

2 Likes

Others have attempted this (Brightburn, Chronicle), but none have reached the highs The Innocents did. Often painful, with an ending that’s impressive, but eschews Hollywood bombast (no flying about, shooting lasers from eyes, etc.)

Director Eskil Vogt’s made a name for himself as a screenwriter, even earned a well-deserved Oscar nom in 2022 for The Worst Person in the World. That was a great one, and this is another winner to my mind. Though a warning, this involves children in peril.

Library check out - up next The Snake Pit (1948) which I’ve seen, but waaaay back when I was a kid and my mother was watching it on TV.

1 Like

Samson vs. The Vampire Women

5 Likes

Finished season 3 of Dead To Me.

So funny, dark, fun, and so sad. This is how you do dark comedy.

1 Like

I was over at my parents’ last night and my mom was watching the end of a Dead To Me episode on her Kindle. I think it was about someone getting a cancer diagnosis… and then she told me it was a comedy.

1 Like

I can buy that. Tom Hanks in Joe vs. the Volcano thinks he’s dying for almost the entire movie.

1 Like

It is a dark comedy.

Which reminds me, I need to watch the new (final) season that just dropped.

2 Likes

US v Wales.

Let’s see how we’re gonna mess up this World Cup! :laughing:

2 Likes

Missed the first 15 minutes because I was eating. Has Aaron Ramsey managed to injure himself yet?

1 Like

No, but Weston McKinnie already has a yellow card, so mark that on the bingo card. :+1:

2 Likes

Well that’s been coming. I didn’t know Timothy was George Weah’s son. If he turns out to be half as good as his dad he’ll be a helluva player.

1 Like

USA are good for their halftime lead. They’ve been more composed in possession and pressured effectively when not. Wales have looked flat, given the ball away cheaply and just not offered any real threat. I don’t think the USA have been great but they haven’t had to be and they’re controlling the game well. Wales really need to step up the tempo and be more positive going forward in the second half.

2 Likes

4 Likes

Definitely with you on this - what set it apart for me was the way the full extent of the son’s attitude was revealed. A lesser film would have done something like a coda with the camera slowly panning up the side of the house into the bedroom to reveal the son acting nefariously but instead we learn about it through a well set up conceit that makes it extra chilling, and even a bit ambiguous, because it is a child performing for a camera. Actually, two children both play acting roles assigned to them by their society.. It held on it a shade longer than was necessary to make the point, I think. But still very good.

2 Likes

avenue 5, “i love judging people”. hoping for season 3

1 Like

Denmark v Tunisia. Fast cracking game on both sides.

(This will be a watching pattern for the next few weeks, LOL!)

1 Like

Good analysis.

2 Likes

I really enjoyed the Netflix 4-part documentary “Pepsi, Where’s My Jet?”

The trailer really demonstrates the vibe of the series.

1 Like

Horror of Party Beach!

What?

Don’t look at me! I can feel your judgment!

I just want some voodoo, administered by Eulabelle!

It’s been a long day, and I need some electrolytes, such as sodium.

1 Like
1 Like