What are you watching right now???

Inside the Forest, a 4-part documentary about Kielder Forest narrated by Hugh Bonneville.

I feel a little bad for people who are too young to remember Gentle Ben, because Crow imitating Clint Howard yelling “Beeeiiin!!” whenever the little kid is running around is priceless.

8 Likes

planet of the vampires (1965)

4 Likes

I am too young to remember Gentle Ben, but not too young to remember commercials for Gentle Ben reruns where they show Clint Howard yelling “Beeeeeeeiiinnn!”

1 Like

The Aerial (2007) - IMDb - This was wild, visually imaginative (inspired by early German Expressionism films with several nods to Fritz Lang), I love stuff like this. Watched at MUBI

1 Like

I finished Dark last night.

Pretty meh overall.

I’m not sure why people are so crazy about it.

2 Likes

Same… I didn’t even bother to finish it, that’s how disinterested I was.

1 Like

Honestly, I only finished it because I got through season one and I got invested enough to want to know the whole mystery, but the mystery got stupider and everything got more confusing as they added more years and more people traveling through time and I barely made it to the end.

Decided to give this a try…

I do like Alan Tudyk.

Edit: Already enjoying this show. “If there was a universal scale for intelligence, humans would be rated just below lizards.”

2 Likes

Just started a movie about our very own @JakeGittes

Never seen it before…

3 Likes

Forget it, Vader.

2 Likes

1 Like

What the MST3K is that, and where do I get some?

2 Likes

It’s most excellent, and on the Criterion Channel. Been a very long time since I last watched.

1 Like

I’m really enjoying this Resident Alien show. It’s very funny and it also has a lot of indigenous actors, which is very cool.

1 Like

I’m back from my time-trip

1 Like

The Melanie Griffith episode of SNL from Season 14, which has another great Sweeney Sisters sketch. I assume none of the Sweeney sketches are on Peacock because they all have copyrighted songs, but on YouTube there’s a clip of them opening the 1988 Emmy Awards with a medley of TV theme songs and it’s hilarious.

2 Likes

Today was my 19th time watching the movie. Yes, I’ve counted. It’s still one of the best movies I’ve ever seen, and I invited a friend over to watch it again tomorrow. I cannot recommend it enough.

5 Likes

I’m up to All Monsters Attack in my Showa Era watch. I can tell this one is not popular.

One of the later Columbo episodes, and not the best. It’s redeemed by a few things, one of them being the presence of Penny Johnson (from Larry Sanders and many other TV shows) in a prominent role.
George Hamilton plays the villain - he also did in a '70s episode - and I’ve never found him anything other than wooden in anything I’ve seen him in. I’ve noticed some of his early Westerns showing up on some of the oldie movie channels and I might check one out to see if he was the same way when he started.

2 Likes