What are you watching right now???

I’ve tried the others, but na, there is only one movie version for me, so time to break out the Blu-Ray…

And to feed my nostalgia, this is from the brown album…

2 Likes

Galaxina (1980)
An attempted sci-fi comedy probably most famous for the presence of Dorothy Stratten, the Playboy centerfold who was murdered by her estranged husband. One of the Hemingway girls played her in a biopic.
It’s pretty bad, and not in an entertaining way. It just drags. Not as badly or as self-indulgently as the long version of Dark Star, but still a bit of a slog.

3 Likes

Mariel.

It was mentioned in the newspapers at the time.

5 Likes

Season 11’s Starcrash is the newest So Bad It’s Good episode.

2 Likes

Is it related to this Darkstar?

1 Like

Maybe!! I have no idea!

(also…omg…gotta watch new RoadHouse!)

Just finished Embryo, a so-so medical horror flick with Rock Hudson and Barbara Carrera.

Now well into Eye of the Serpent, a Nineties attempt at an Eighties sword’n’sorcery flick that’s pitched in tone somewhere between Deathstalkers 2 and 3.

Revenge of the Creature

5 Likes

Holy mush!

3 Likes

3 Likes

Yeah, Tropic of Cancer. I mean, I’ve read it before. (Or whatever Griffin Dunne’s character says to Suzanne Arquette)

Me? Nah, just this. Not the whole movie. Just this part.

The rictus of Agar! Bravo! Courageous! (Actually I love that experiment and whole episode, but…that is a lot of Agar! Recommend for mature audiences only! Or something.)

1 Like

Took one for the team!

Welp…that is one short bus I will not be riding, I tell you what!

And it’s all thanks to your review (and everything else about that movie I’ve encountered)!

(Oh, who am I kidding…Rifftrax is going to do it one of these days, and I’m sure I’ll watch it then…sort of the equivalent of throwing some pennies and empty gum wrappers in the Salvation Army dude’s kettle…yeah, well, that could be months away before they get to it, and they might not…probably they will, though).

1 Like

I started Game Of Thrones last night. It is a hell of a story, looks like I won’t be watching much of anything else for a while with so many hours of this thing to get through.

2 Likes

‘Tis indeed a helluva story, and I hope you enjoyed it as much as I did.

But have you heard anything about the last season?

7 Likes

Don’t spoil his enjoyment!

2 Likes

More warning than spoiling, I hope.

1 Like

Oh, I dunno, I don’t think it tanked until about the last three episodes. Still worth it though.

@MartyS, come back later and tell us what you think about Season 3.

2 Likes

For the first few seasons, GoT may have been my favorite dramatic show ever. Even with some of the… questionable decisions of the later ones, it still ranks high on my list.

3 Likes

Well, the first 3 episodes were also well below the standards set by the first 6 seasons, but it’s more a mater of the degree of decline. I’d agree the last 3 episodes were particularly bad.

Overall I enjoyed the series, sure. But I think I’d be just as happy if I never saw the last season, and just imagined it.

1 Like

Well at least GRRM is going to grant your wish of never knowing how the books will turn out :wink:

3 Likes