What are you watching right now???

I mean, obviously, people do, definitionally. I noped out of musical biopics about 20 years ago, superhero stuff a decade ago, the increasingly melded styles of Disney, Pixar, Illumination, etc. around the same time, as well as generally anything franchise-y. But these are what people like so… :person_shrugging:

To some degree, I’d expect the same to happen if I watched 1,500 Korean movies in a decade. They certainly have their formulas, tropes and biases.

4 Likes

Jumbo Visma is a strong team now. I have a peculiar fondness for AG2R CItroen and Groupama-FDJ because they’ve been around forever and have gone through the fewest name and kit changes.

3 Likes

Not really watching anything now per se. However, definitely looking forward to Moon Knight, Obi-Wan Kenobi, and Stranger Things all to be released soon.

2 Likes

Just one episode to go to get caught up on Harley Quinn: The Animated Series.

After that I have to watch the new seasons of The Witcher, Disenchantment and the Hilda movie on Netflix. And I plan to give The Expanse a shot.

2 Likes

Just finished Joe Pera Talks With You Seaso on 3 on HBO Max. Highly recommend.

2 Likes

You watched the same movie on two platforms?

2 Likes

Samesies! I just saw the trailer for Kenobi this morning and I am STOKED.

4 Likes

They released the digital codes for In Search of Tomorrow early to backers so I’m settling down to that for the night. It’s a five(!) hour long documentary about 80s sci-fi films - but no doubt 20-30 minutes of that will be credits.

4 Likes

Watched 3 hours last night and the rest tonight and it was “just” 15 minutes of credits.

Very good and if you’ve seen In Search of Darkness then you’ll already know the score: it’s a year by year retrospective focusing on specific films with contributions from cast, crew, critics etc. Due to the natural overlap of sci-fi and horror there are some films which are omitted as they were already featured in ISoD e.g. The Thing.

My favourite story may be how on E.T. the alien would be set aside in the corner when not required. Drew Barrymore would still wander over and talk to it so two crew members had to be ready at all times to bring E.T. to life so as not to break the illusion for her.

5 Likes

Now going through some Stephen King stuff.

Did the Stand last night (part one is great but god, it gets corny).

Langoliers and Tommyknockers today.

3 Likes

Got up super early on a Saturday to watch this live. It’s like I can’t help myself. (It’s still Paris-Nice…it wraps tomorrow.)

And since my Brighton is currently getting smacked around by Liverpool, I’ll be toodling around until Brentford comes on later. Then probably Man United and Tottenham.

This is a pattern on the weekends, LOL!

4 Likes

Anyone ever watch Sapphire and Steel?

3 Likes

I haven’t yet, but it’s on my list. I’m a David McCallum fan girl. And last I saw, I think it’s available on Hulu.

3 Likes

Watching this episode of 20/20 on Heaven’s Gate. One of the things I love besides MST3K is anything about scams or cults.

2 Likes

I saw “Assignment One”.

3 Likes

Finally getting started on the Paris-Nice race. I’ve been working my way through the BBC’s coverage of the Winter Olympics since the Games ended.

3 Likes

I want to watch that.

3 Likes

Actually, just finished the re-watch of Santo (1301). Yeah… I took the survey. Responsible MSTie o’er here :innocent:

5 Likes

I watched all of Sapphire and Steel last year.

The company that made it went under in 81 or 82, and the company that got all the assets didn’t want to film any more episodes, so the show ends on a cliffhanger since they were expecting another season.

1 Like

There were audios produced by Big Finish. I don’t know if they’re any good. Mark Gatiss plays Gold in one of them.

2 Likes