What are you watching right now???

Just rewatched the Bob Odenkirk crowd-pleaser Nobody. Yeah, the first half was, as I remembered, a pretty satisfying everyman/avenger type fantasy. I’m still lukewarm on the bulk of the movie being a James Bond-ish spy thriller.

I gotta be asleep in four hours or so, so I’m still going ahead with Baretta and McCloud.

Why? Because MST3K taught me how is why! Mannix is next!

1 Like

While awaiting tonight’s premiere:

mst3k_village_of_the_giants

5 Likes

Stanley Cup Game 5 LET’S GO AVS!!!

1 Like

“If only you could see what I have seen with your eyes.”

5 Likes

SRX race at SoBo speedway on the Tiffany Network.

1 Like

Yeah, um

1 Like

Funny Farm on Starz

“Nice try Mr. Farmer. Even i can tell when two pennies are being dropped into a jelly jar.”

1 Like

Chucky Series 1.

Well what a surprise this turned out to be. I’d heard good things but still didn’t expect to enjoy this as much as I did. Make no mistake, if you don’t like the films this is unlikely to convert you but if you do then this comes highly recommended. Chucky isn’t just a continuation of the films but a celebration too, retaining the blacker-than-pitch comedy and gory excess and is all the better for it. It even finds some time to explore the history of Charles Lee Ray’s backstory via flashbacks. The films have long reveled in their sheer ridiculousness and this not only continues that but even manages to up the ante by the end. Brad Dourif is just as much fun as ever voicing the cackling killer and Jennifer Tilly continues to delight as Tiffany. Fiona Dourif returns too as Nica and you can tell all three of them thoroughly enjoy portraying these characters and are having the time of their lives. The new kids are OK but a bit uninteresting at first although they had grown on me by the end of the series. They are fairly grounded though with the real OTT characterization reserved for the aforementioned classic trio. Alex Vincent and Christine Elise are back too as Andy and Kyle so the gang’s all here.

It has its lulls but this is a blood-filled bucketload of guilty pleasure fun and I can’t wait for the second series.

2 Likes

Game Six of Stanley Cup. Come on, guys. We need to put this to bed already.

4 Likes

I’m watching (and donating to) Games Done Quick

2 Likes

WOOOOHOOOO!!!

4 Likes

Andromeda Strain on Showtime streaming

1 Like

Congratulations! From a native Coloradan :smiley:

2 Likes

Among my all-time favorites, within the top 5 for sure. I bought a new TV, larger than the last, and have been re-watching a few I have on Blu-ray - and I’m finding it’s not the newer blockbuster types, but the older B&W films that are catching my eye and wowing me. There’s so much texture, so much character in the cinematography.

Edit, and Mark Herron has a small role, looking less slimy than he did in The Girl in Gold Boots.

1 Like

Andy Murray at Wimbledon.

3 Likes

At Prime, some new Kids in the Hall and the second season of Undone, which I wasn’t sure I wanted, as I thought leaving it as is, was perfect, but so far, I’m enjoying it.

2 Likes

Will have to look into it and check it out for sure.

2 Likes

I initially read this as “Anne Murray at Wimbledon” which caused me to have a number of questions.

3 Likes

1 Like

She was knocked out in the qualifiers.

2 Likes