What are your comfort-food episodes?

YES-THAT-IS-MY-HUMAN-NAME

10 Likes

We caught Robinson Crusoe on Mars on tv a few years ago, probably because someone at the station wanted to cash in on The Martian. Saying it starred Adam West is what drew us in (it doesn’t; he’s a minor character). It was very weird, but not a bad film.

7 Likes

It’s actually in the Criterion Collection. Granted, I don’t agree with all their choices, but someone there clearly likes it. :grin:

7 Likes

Cave Dwellers, Outlaw of Gor and any of the other cheesy 80’s fantasy flicks and Hercules movies. I think it’s because I grew up with He-Man and Thundercats and still like that kind of epic mash-up of fantasy and sci-fi concepts. Or muscular folk in impractical “armor.”

9 Likes

Pretty sure all of these have been mentioned, but:

Overdrawn at the Memory Bank (arguably the “anything topped with melted cheese” top-tier comfort level for me. I watched it for just this reason the other night)
Horror of Party Beach
Quest of the Delta Knightz
Catalina Caper
Wild Rebels
Riding with Death
Untamed Youth
The Phantom Planet
Jack Frost

11 Likes

Give me classic Frazetta-wear over dull practical armor any day! As long as it’s equal opportunity so everyone gets some eyecandy. :wink:

9 Likes

I’m surprised to see so many people mention Moon Zero Two here. And I have to agree with all of them. Moon Zero Two is my most rewatched episode of the series. The slow paced riffs give it a nice chill vibe, and it’s also just really funny.

14 Likes

That should have been on my list as well.

6 Likes

Quest of the Delta Knightz

This is the 90’s remake starring Vanilla Ice, right?

8 Likes

With Brigid Brannagh as Thena Da Roni?

7 Likes

Yup yup.

6 Likes

I mentioned this in another thread – I really enjoy Moon Zero Two as well. I think it would have worked better as Space: Nineteen-Ninety-Noir, rather than as a Western. I’ve contemplated using the idea for a NaNoWriMo project. Not like I don’t have a godzillion other projects to complete.

7 Likes

You gotta drop that Wenchy and get with DaVinci!

11 Likes

What’s “yup yup” become though?

Aye aye?

7 Likes

Word to your lemur.

7 Likes

“Time Chasers” is such a fun, breezy ep for me. And the fact that the team behind it embraces the riffs really endears it to me!

More recently, “Avalanche” is one I can watch over and over.

10 Likes

Huzzah hizouse?

5 Likes

Oh yes, I forgot to put The Day the Earth Froze on my list. That is very soothing, almost like a nature film in places!

10 Likes

And Ihope it goes down HARD!

4 Likes

Incredible Melting Man

Mitchell

Devil Doll

Final Sacrifice

6 Likes