What are your favorite alternative pronunciations, odd phrases, and true flubs from riffed films?

One more time, all together now:

“When we return to our planet, the high court may well sentence you to TORTCHA!

8 Likes

Back then, most definitely.

3 Likes

Crow never pronounces Queen Latifah’s name correctly in Master Ninja . But I still love him.

Joel’s Tom Carvel impression (I think in one of the Gamera movies) is terrible. This was well before .wav files and such were around. I bet Frank (being from the NE where he would’ve heard or seen the ads in real time) tried to describe the accent and beats to him and he just couldn’t pin it down. But hey no one’s perfect.

2 Likes

“Please, I abhor you.”

I refuse to believe that this was accidental. Or if it was at the outset, it wasn’t when they did it again.

2 Likes

1309: The Million Eyes of Sumuru

Frankie Avalon: “There’s enough explosive in there to turn this volcano into an island!”

5 Likes

“… Tenperature?!?”

5 Likes

I’d mention “Pyoomaman” here, except that I now fully unironically pronounce it this way.

8 Likes

I always go back to the unnatural emphasis that the resentful hick puts on “New” in “New York” in Squirm.

3 Likes

I often think back to the Episode Guide where they mention Frank using the phrase “waiting on line” and being completely mystified.

5 Likes

He will thank you not to disrespect Old York in such a manner.

2 Likes

Hey, even Old new York was once New Amsterdam.

5 Likes

Perhaps I am wrong, but I believe the name “Russ Titelman”, who by the time Village of the Giants first aired was a Grammy winning record producer who had worked on albums by James Taylor, Rickie Lee Jones, Randy Newman, George Harrison, Eric Clapton and others, is pronounced “TIGHT-ul-man”, not, ummm, the way Crow says it.

3 Likes

During the puppet classification game at the start of Fugitive Alien 2, Joel asks the robots to define the genius of each puppet. Pretty sure that was supposed to be genus, what with the game being about classification and all. Now where’s my Ram Chip, Fellas? :angel:

5 Likes

Why’d they even change that anyway?

1 Like

I can’t say.

2 Likes

Megaweapon:

It’s gotten all Dorothy here?

1 Like

So that their baseball team wouldn’t be known as the New Amsterdam Yankees.

1 Like

They mispronounced Clu Gulager’s name wrong for a loong time.

3 Likes

In The Unearthly, the way John Carradine pronouns ‘sacrifices’.

2 Likes

“PARIMETER ALERT”

2 Likes