What Character Do You Not Care For and Wish Never Existed

What film character or creation do you not care for and wish never existed? Man, woman, alien, animation. Doesn’t matter. Who has your number?

Mine? Marge Thompson from A Nightmare on Elm Street (1984). She’s so melodramatic, forceful, and emotional she practically derails the movie for me. Her vodka bottles, hamfisted parenting, and enforcing of the plot were so obvious as to plague me whenever I watch it.

P.S. This premise was meant as tongue-in-cheek and shouldn’t be taken seriously. I changed the title and opening question to avoid any problems. It saddens me to. The world we live in I guess.

1 Like

That’s a terrible question, I would never run anyone over… Cause I don’t drive… :nerd_face:

2 Likes

That helps. I have a friend who doesn’t. Yeah I figure you’re joking. It’s a figure of speech. There are certain lines which suggest three or four thoughts at once. When I was young, running it over with the car like flushing it down the toilet meant you could live without it and you’d be happier if you did. I tried to hit on something everyone could relate with. So to speak. :wink:

1 Like

So we’re running characters over with a car and then flushing them down the toilet. Got it.

1 Like

No. That’s not what I mean. I attempted to make this fun. The intent was “What character do you thoroughly dislike and wish didn’t exist?” Is that as enjoyable to read though is the question.

1 Like

Read the above answer. I hit reply and it didn’t list as one. Apologies.

2 Likes

Watney

5 Likes

As in from The Martian (2015)?

1 Like

I am soooooooo heterosexual!

5 Likes

Boy, I miss so much by having to work during the day on Monday, Wednesday and Friday. :smiley:

But having said that, I genuinely don’t know for sure. I’m positive there are characters I hate and wish weren’t in whatever show I saw them in, but I can’t bring any to mind at the moment.

2 Likes

Steve Urkell, Scrappy Doo, Jar Jar Binks, Fat B@$tard, and the list goes on. FB is an Austin Powers character that nobody needed. Urkell begs for restraining orders and gives nerdy/ geeky people a bad rep. Scrappy Doo wasn’t too bad in the animated movies. They must have gotten him on medication by then. JJB went overboard on cutesy to the point where I’m screaming profanities.
The Big Bang Theory I want to take a kaiju for a walkies on. Being smart doesn’t equal socially inept. My rant about this show is a long one. Sitcoms with a laugh track tend to suck anyway.

6 Likes

That’s quite the list! FB we are one on. Goldmember isn’t far away.

1 Like

Mineta from My Hero Academia. I understand that he’s just a comic relief character, and that him harassing and lusting over his classmates is the whole joke. But the joke isn’t FUNNY. All it does is make me wonder how A) he hasn’t been reprimanded even more for the truly sleazy behavior he exhibits toward his classmates and B) how he even excels in his hero courses. Like, the audience is supposed to truly wonder if Deku (main character) has what it takes to be a Pro Hero. The road is supposed to be long and arduous, the challenges mighty, and Deku’s lack of Quirk experience should give us at least a little doubt that he can make it all the way to the top.

ALL of that is undermined by Mineta, who manages to keep on succeeding his class’s challenges (training, the test for provisional license, etc) despite being the worst hero ever. Like, if he can make it as far as he has, then Deku doesn’t have to worry about a thing.

5 Likes

I can’t think of any character that tops Jar Jar Binks on this.

3 Likes

Elmo the muppet

4 Likes

Wait, the live action Mike Meyers version of The Cat in the Hat character should of never happened.

8 Likes

Michael Burnham, Star Trek Discovery. The actress is good, but that character (and the way other characters respond to her) makes me want to chuck her into a warp core. Then eject said core and photon torpedo it to smithereens just to make sure.

Oh, and Chibi-Usa from the original Sailor Moon. I rage quit the series over her.

3 Likes

He’s annoying in any orientation.

5 Likes

I see your Mineta and raise you a Seiji Shishikura, possibly the most repulsive dickweed of a character who is nominally aspiring to be a hero.

I also think Firefly would have been better without the Tams or Inara.

3 Likes

I hated her too, but she’s far less annoying in the original manga and Crystal. Far more morally troubling, but less annoying.

Nah. Mineta is worse because you’re not supposed to like Sejij. He’s clearly evil. Mineta is supposed to be likeable, which he’s not.

Anyway, I gotta go with Fi from Skyward Sword. She’s unlikeable, intrusive, and omnipresent.

And Cadence from MLP. A character inserted by the parent company because “girls like weddings,” and whose main character trait is “I’m the pretty one?” Hard pass.

2 Likes