What episode (or episodes) have you watched recently?

One of the funniest things about this one isn’t even the MST episode. Cinematic Titanic did it too and there’s a whole bit at the beginning where Trace is refusing to participate.

“No!! We already did this one! I can’t do it again! You can’t make me!”

He tries to leave and the others force him back into his place.

5 Likes

I LOVE THAT BIT :smiley: You absolutely feel Trace’s dread over having to riff that again, and it’s glorious.

And I dig how one of the CT guys describes the work as a movie, and J. Elvis Weinstein, in that brilliantly dry delivery of his, says something to the effect of: “Don’t call it a movie, we know better.”

5 Likes

Killer Fish

3 Likes

Oh it was awful but my biggest takeaway was the editing. What the non linear story telling! I haven’t seen cuts this bad since i flunked remedial carpentry

3 Likes

Heh! Good point!

It’s reminiscent of that one riff from Devil Fish : “You know, just because you can edit doesn’t mean you should.

3 Likes

Now I’m trying to figure out if there’s a way I can start working this phrase into my everyday usage.

4 Likes

Sounds like SOMEBODY needs to rewatch Why Study Industrial Arts?!

5 Likes

I’m watching Future War.

Nuff sed.

4 Likes

I’m anticipating the ventriloquism boom of the nineties.

3 Likes

Yesterday I finished up November’s selects with Bloodlust, then went back to my full watch through (which I started in September and had stalled out) with Humanoid Woman

3 Likes

In honor of the upcoming Turkey Day, tonight I put on the episode whose movie is the only one, so far, to actually take place on the holiday: Teen-Age Crime Wave!

Been a while since I watched this one. It’s not bad!

(That End Credits bit… :laughing:)

4 Likes

I’m currently watching the Vault Pick Monster A Go-Go.

Umm, I think this is my first time (it gets hazy after a while).

Send help.

6 Likes

OHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH SNAP

Yes, this is most certainly a journey. I say no more on the issue.

I’ll still take it over The Castle of Fu Manchu.

4 Likes

Squirm had been played 4 times in the last two days at my house.
I guess I dont want the Turkey Day dvd set to end… btw the way there is a great dvd extra interview with pasty actor who went onto to direct a ton of tv shows (Law & Order, etc etc)

6 Likes

Whaddya mean? This is GOLD so far…the short was dire, but this…the sense of foreboding over the credits, the MASH reference I called 20sec before it happened, the Charlie Brown / Les Paul riffs, me yelling “CAPSULE”…this is great!

pauses

Wait.

This is a trap, isn’t it?

I knew it.

6 Likes

5 Likes

MUAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAH :smiley:

[ahem]

Nah, you’re good.

Seriously, the movie aspires to be at the bottom of the barrel, but the episode is HILARIOUS. An incredible effort in relation to the sheer ineptitude of the film.

4 Likes

With the season finale coming up soon, I decided I will embark on a Season 13 rewatch!

So tonight I put on: Santo in the Treasure of Dracula!

The episode is great, but this also brings back a flood of amazing memories! All that anticipation and excitement that MST3K is back again along with the arrival of the one and only White Dot!

Oh, that Wrestling Host Segment… :laughing:

7 Likes

The Bubble, for the third time (the early showing, the Livestream, and now my download) - still funny as heck, still a watchable movie (so I still can’t go along with the ‘as bad as Manos’ notion)

Funny the things I notice this time out, like when they do a long shot of the burning truck being lifted to the sky, there’s an empty seat where the woman was supposed to be, they didn’t bother to put a mannequin in there. So maybe, just maybe she fell out of the truck like Tony, and rolled in the ditch and stayed there, and is still there, with her foot sticking up in the air… everyone was crying for no reason.

5 Likes

Ann Margret GIF

whip it devo GIF

3 Likes