What episode (or episodes) have you watched recently?

Put The Skydivers on last night as I was working on a project.

I don’t think it would’ve made any more sense if I had been paying 100% close attention to it. Though Chopped-In-Half Crow arguing with himself had me on the floor laughing. :laughing:

7 Likes

The Season 13 Rewatch: The fantastic The Shape of Things to Come!

Always enjoy all the reminders why I consider this my favorite episode of Season 13! So consistently good from start-to-finish! :smiley:

(That “Cromus” Host Segment… :laughing:)

4 Likes

Lost Continent Vault Pick.

Top of the world, Ma!

Bracing for incoming rock climbing…

7 Likes

“Rock climbing, Joel.”

8 Likes

“Rock climbing, Crow.”

9 Likes

OMG. I forgot about one of the great all-time riffs in this ep…

Tom: “Sooo, what are they waiting for?”
Crow: “The impact.”

I just let out the most undignified shriek-giggle. :laughing:

9 Likes

The Season 13 Rewatch: The Mask 3D!

With Kingavision, of course!

This one is just so much fun! :smiley:

6 Likes

Time Chasers came on the Twitch channel.

Am I ever gonna pass up on that one? HECK NO.

9 Likes

The Season 13 Rewatch: The Bubble!

Strange movie, but the episode was excellent!

And with that, I have now completed the daily marathon of this incredible collection of episodes! Really enjoyed giving these yet another look!

I am so ready for Holiday Week and the one more Season 13 episode: The Christmas Dragon!

7 Likes

Just watched the Vault Picks for Avalanche!

I dug the episode, but the experience was better than I remembered.

Also, I love how the hosting duties thing worked out for this one. That’s all I’ll say on the matter.

5 Likes

I’m finding that rewatching the Netflix-era episodes (Which I already loved, mind you) play even better now that there’s more and there’s no pressure for them to carry the torch. You can just relax and enjoy them as episodes instead of watching with all that “Is this gonna work?” angst.

7 Likes

That’s a really good point, that.

It’s like how I go about movies. The first time you’re watching, you’re watching for that experience of seeing the work through fresh eyes, of getting taken along for a journey.

The next time? It’s all about being able to pick up those beats and rhythms without having to worry about whether or not it’s gonna land, because you -know- how it landed.

And being able to watch those latter-day episodes like that without that additional pressure is errything.

7 Likes

Also also, I watched the Vault Picks treatment of Jack Frost.

My favorite episode made EVEN BETTER by the Pearl’s Selects treatment and the Gizmoblip!

5 Likes

This morning, I watched K15, Superdome.

I usually don’t have the KTMA episodes in my rotation due to the show being somewhat less polished and less riff-dense. In cobbling together a complete series ranking, I exclude the KTMA episodes, as it wouldn’t be fair to match those up against the nationally run episodes. It’s honestly been a good chunk of time since I last watched one of them.

You know what? I enjoyed this more than I expected.

7 Likes

I feel like they had really gotten into the groove by the second half of the KTMA season. And it really showcased how quick Josh was (and no doubt still is.)

6 Likes

Yeah, that latter half is significantly smoother than that first half.

Such to the point that I would like to go on a KTMA run again.

And Josh was an amazing wit. Those theater segments made that very clear. I’d be interested to see how the show would’ve evolved/changed had he been around past Season 1.

4 Likes

For years, all I had were the KTMA tapes, and it was all I could do to keep just a few from circulating out of my reach…

Superdome was one of my faves.

6 Likes

Still on my rewatch of Season 13. Currently on Sumuru. Klaus Kinski’s character gives me the same eccentric vibes as some of Peter McNichol’s characters.

6 Likes

The Christmas Dragon. Again.

Yep. Still epic. :smiley:

9 Likes

It’s cold. It’s snowing. It’s time…

JACK FROST!

Truly one of the all-time greatest episodes! In a word: Majestic! :smiley:

5 Likes