What episode (or episodes) have you watched recently?

Being From Another Planet.

It’s one of those episodes has a lot of things going for that that, when put together, make for a fun, relaxing episode!

(Gosh, that Stinger. One of my top favorites! :smiley:)

8 Likes

Miles and Miles… :+1:

4 Likes

I just got done watching all 13 new shorts in a row!

Really had so much fun doing this marathon. They were so good! :smiley:

9 Likes

By that, I assume you just mean, editing.

Saw this one yesterday for the third time, and I still have no clue.

Shoulda’ been called, Hey We Found An Abandoned Western Theme Park. Let’s Make A Movie!

3 Likes

I recently watched Pumaman and Santa Claus Conquers the Martians.

6 Likes

With the month winding down, decided tonight was a great time to watch all of February’s Vault Picks and Gizmoblips!

They were terrific! :smiley:

4 Likes

The Batwoman on PlutoTV’s MST channel.

I still like how ridiculous this whole film is, mainly because I think the riffing saves it given how stupid the plot is.

7 Likes

The Projected Man is a lot more entertaining than I remember. Bonus points for containing a This is Spinal Tap reference.

7 Likes

Isn’t it though? It’s one of my favorites, I return to it a lot. It’s given us Lembach, poor Sheila, a laser that inexplicably sounds like a sheet metal cutter, and the Phantom of the Opera napkin mask. It kinda deflates right at the end, but I think it gives Pumaman a run for the money.

5 Likes

The Gor books are infamous in sci-fi/fantasy circles for having pretty out-of-norm opinions on the subject of gender relations and human freedom, but only once one gets into the later books in the series, so thankfully the movies rarely verge into that territory. A classic web parody of the feel of the later Gor books can be found in Houseplants of Gor.

The first Gor movie is pretty nuts. Our hero Cabot (“Cabot? Cabot!”) is really not very heroic for like the first half of it, and gets his group in big trouble more than once. The best part though is right at the opening, where college professor Cabot is telling a whole assembled class of bored college students about “the Counter-Earth” and his gaudy magic ring.

6 Likes

I watched Revenge of the Mysterons from Mars for the first time. I would dearly love to see this one properly riffed in a coming season. Puppets! Drama! Puppet drama! The movie itself was entertaining despite the paucity of riffs.

9 Likes
4 Likes

Just finished this one again.

I think the start is slow, but the riffing really picks up steam as they proceed. By about the halfway point I was getting a most satisfactory level of guffaws.

The sketches are decent, too. And I need a transformable Jonah action figure which can be either Drake or the panicky flight attendant.

6 Likes

Watching Hobgoblins again. I used to not like this one, but lately it’s been growing on me. I realized on this recent viewing that the movie is almost all master shots and no coverage. Some shots are quite wide. It makes me realize that it must have been a one camera shoot, and money was tight, so they shot it Jim Jarmusch style. You can also see all the open, dead space on the top of the image, which means we’re looking at an open matte. The combination of the two leaves the audience with a flat, dull looking movie. So it makes me not fault the director anymore; he did what he could with what he had. An extra camera, some more film for close-ups, it could have been more visually exciting. The Bots crap all over the director, but it’s really the DP to blame here for the uninteresting shots. But hey, when you have no money, you can’t hire Deakins, you know? So it’s hard for me to find fault anymore. It’s not a good movie, by any means, but in the age of VHS distribution and basic cable sales, they probably made a buck or two from scratch. I never understood why they were so mean to this movie, and now I understand it less. But the late 90s were an interesting time…

9 Likes

I’m late to the It Conquered the World party.

Peter Graves and Lee Van Cleef and Beverly Garland and Russ Bender? Is there any other episode with more multi-MST actors? :exploding_head:

11 Likes

I can’t think of one off the top of my head. I just watched this yesterday (well, listened to it while falling asleep). I think it’s really good. Lee’s character is pretty dumb – giving up Earth’s defenses because a Venusian alien pinkie-promised to help us – but his performance is so earnest. Graves’ too, and Garland’s. They’re just all-in and I think it elevates the rather hum-drum story to something engaging. The flying bat/frisbee monsters are also a treat.

8 Likes

Don’t forget about Jonathan “I’m a Grimwald warrior!” Haze!

6 Likes

Currently watching Laserblast, and we’re just now getting to the lasers and the blasting!

9 Likes

Pretty sure most of that movie’s budget went to the stop-motion aliens and props.

9 Likes

And sheet cake.

6 Likes