What episode (or episodes) have you watched recently?

Dare I speculate that our June theme will be… Magic? :thinking:

2 Likes

I have been doing May’s vault picks over the weekend. Have Pod People left for today, but I’m not sure if I will watch the episode or just watch the intro/blip/outro. Pod People is low on my ranking of episodes.

3 Likes

I recommend using this as a base to cobble together your own version:

3 Likes

I like to put mst3k on while I’m travelling, let’s be real, I’ve seen my favourites enough times that I don’t need to look at them.

My last few have been time of the apes, catalina caper, and operation kid brother

3 Likes

I most recently watched Operation Double 007 on YouTube. I don’t know if it’s ok to link to it…

3 Likes

I “watch” while working and sleeping. My most recent was Zombie Nightmare, but I was only conscious for the part where they massage Michele Norris’ scalp (was it Michele… I can’t remember).

What I watched watched most recently were Progress Island USA. and Assignment: Venezuela The former is just a delightful short, starting with the opening riff “An American Democracy…” “… would be nice.” For A:V my favorite is definitely the many callbacks to the physiography of Lake Maracaibo. Both are really earnest and over-the-top in trying to sell you on their schtick, and in the process they open themselves up for a lot of jokes. However, the riffing in these episodes is unusually varied and creative.

2 Likes

My favorite of Season 11. So consistently funny start-to-finish!

8 Likes

Lake Maracaibo is really interesting! Did you know that it’s the place with the most lightning in the world? Also, Francis Drake once tried to launch a night-time sneak attack on the city of Maracaibo but was foiled when his fleet was illuminated by lightning. Cool stuff!

4 Likes

Currently watching The Magic Sword for the first time. Cracking up at the complete overacting of Basil Rathbone and Gary Lockwood, who are normally excellent actors!

Only 20 minutes in, but I nearly busted a gut at the toilet flushing jokes at the lake. Toilet humor is ah-mazing when done right.

8 Likes

Since the last premiere i have watched Munchie about 5-7 times, Beyond Atlantis once, and Robot Wars at least twice. Prior to that I had watched Return of the Creature a few times, rifftrax Blood Theater a couple of times, rifftrax Werewolf in a Girls Dormitory twice, The Mads Walk the Dark Streets once.

(and I got through the Lovecraft Country series again)

5 Likes

Magic Sword is one of the few I own unriffed.

10 Likes

This afternoon I will be revisiting Moon Zero Two. For absolutely no reason beyond the headwear.

8 Likes

I was having a pretty mellow evening the other day, so I threw on Riding with Death

8 Likes

Munchie and the new shorts
I Accuse My Parents

And from Rifftrax, Reefer Madness (again) and A Talking Cat?!?

5 Likes

I’m with you. Overdrawn and Space Mutiny have always been low points of the series for me. I’ve come to like Overdrawn a little more as the years go by.

1 Like

I’m sitting through Wild World of Batwoman again. My appreciation for this one has grown over time. A perfect mix of suit and tie guys meeting early acid heads. Truly one of a kind. What used to hurt in the movie now fascinates me.

6 Likes

Got the all the June Synthia Selects bumpers and GizmoBlips watched. Nice subtle improvements. Great stuff, all around!

- Liked that they used a different background for Jonah.

- Favorite Synthia caption: “Lives, Laughs, Larfs”.

5 Likes

While I’m making my way through the entire series (again), I’m also zig-zagging and taking detours.

It’s been some time since I’ve last watched The Gauntlet [goofy hand gesture ¯\__(ツ)____/¯ ], so I gave that another spin. Mac and Me continues to be the all-time favorite and a top-ten episode, but I was really surprised by how much I thoroughly enjoyed Lords of the Deep. The Killer Fish episode hit much better this time around, too.

I also caught Tormented on the 24/7 Pluto MST3K channel this morning before I headed out for the day, and that one’s always a hoot.

8 Likes

Progress Island USA. Might be the brightest, most energetic short they ever did. One of my top favorites!

5 Likes

Just finished Catalina Caper again as part of my complete series rewatch.

Perfect summertime choice, that.

7 Likes