What episode (or episodes) have you watched recently?

Starcrash! Christmas lights and amazing hairdos galore

11 Likes

Most of Starcrash’s budget went to hair and costumes, as well as Christopher Plummer and John Barry’s salaries.

6 Likes

I watched Cave Dwellers last night, and sakes alive, that was needed.

7 Likes

1309: The Million Eyes of Sumuru

Like I’ve said before, this episode is FIRE. The movie is so weird, but the riffing is exceptional!

(Gosh, that Stinger. Top three among Season 13!)

8 Likes

An instant classic.

6 Likes

The last episode I watched was Dr Mordrid. Another 13 Banger.

7 Likes

I watched that one last night, and while it’s not my favorite of this season it is very weird and has some great riffs. Plus more Dr. Kabahl (the strange financier from the future) is always good.

6 Likes

Finishing up Amazing Colossal Man now

8 Likes

11 Likes

In preparation of tomorrow’s Watch Party: I watched the first time they riffed Rocky Jones: Manhunt in Space!

This one is just a lot of Space Opera fun!

(And then I watched General Hospital 2! So now I’m caught-up on the three-part series!)

8 Likes

Thanks for your insights. I never pay much attention to the details of movie-making, but it’s interesting to hear about these things. Hobgoblins is one of my favorite episodes. And honestly, it’s not that bad of a movie either–a low-budget Gremlins knockoff with a bit of humor. Hopefully the actors had fun and made a little money. I’ve watched the original versions of several MST3K movies, and I’d probably watch this one on its own too.

2 Likes

Rewatching Reptilicus and now I get the Pink Floyd reference.

4 Likes

3 Likes

Tonight’s movie: Viking Women and the Sea Serpent! During covid, I started a rewatch of the entire series, but skipped some episodes I couldn’t easily find. This is one of those.

The episode starts with a home economics short. It’s gotten some laughs out of me (and has some classic lines), but I’ve never really liked shorts as much as movies. Maybe we’re just too far removed from the 50s for me to relate to that era.

Anyway, I’m looking forward to seeing a sea serpent and some viking women! Don’t let me down, movie!

3 Likes

Oh, the home economics short is one of my favorites.
Don’t set your expectations too high for the movie (Corman).

5 Likes

I like The Home Economics Story a lot too. And it means a lot to me personally because it was made in my home state of Iowa!

9 Likes

Its unfortunately been a while since I have watched an episode. I think I watched a bunch of shorts back to back while we were packing the basement. (We are packing to move). However, it was sweet to watch the shorts, it made the bittersweetness of moving lean more towards sweet than bitter.

I’ll leave the bitterness to Crow!

3 Likes

I just watched Teenage Strangler because I haven’t seen it in ages. The movie’s entertaining, but doesn’t quite rise up to the level of a true classic. The riffing and host segments are really strong, though, so it’s surprising that it kind of disappears into the lesser-known episodes.

5 Likes

Late last night I decided to give the Year-End Review Revue another watch.

This really is a great trip down memory lane!

7 Likes

It seems to me that the frequency with which an episode is mentioned and praised usually has little to do with how funny it is compared to other episodes.
Just my two cents.

8 Likes