What episode (or episodes) have you watched recently?

Next up, Red Zone Cuba!

4 Likes

The Time Travelers right now!

7 Likes

Watched Women of the Prehistoric Planet with friends on Saturday evening.

This is one that feels like it’s a mesh of three different films, and is it me, or did they really edit out stuff?

Aside from Tang, I assume the neanderthals are the racist so-and-so’s that hated that one woman’s species, and then mated off a ways…and their backwards ways caused them to just be violent?

Though given the content of where the film went, I’m a bit surprised there wasn’t some controversy with its ending like The Mole People had.

7 Likes

I thought I’d seen all the Bert I. Gordon flicks that have been riffed. (You know I love his giant-monster flicks) but I stumbled on Earth vs. the Spider on Pluto TV and realized I hadn’t seen that one yet. So, I settled in with my wife and pulled up the trusty Gizmoplex app and we watched it together to celebrate our anniversary. And if you can do THAT to celebrate your 20-year anniversary, you have married well.

6 Likes

I still believe Bert I Gordon curbed stuff from that one when he made Village of the Giants.

Both films share some similarities.

6 Likes

While I was working on some design things, I put on Carnival Magic. It had been a long while since I watched that episode fully.

8 Likes

But how long has it been since Gus watched it?

5 Likes

Probably a very long time.

3 Likes

Beyond Atlantis. Once again.

Just absolutely love this episode! So good. :smiley:

9 Likes

Still my favorite episode of the new season, which is saying a lot given how strong it was.

I… found a broadcast version of Fire Maidens last night. Why is it so fun watching old ads? Anywho, the movie is a plodding pile of nothing, but the Timmy host segments more than make up for it.

8 Likes

I adore Fire Maidens. “Plodding pile of nothing” is perfect, but it still tickles me. The relentless “Stranger in Paradise” becomes soothing for me after awhile.

5 Likes

Gamera vs. Jiger

A hard slog of a movie, but the final half hour is GOLD!! :shamrock: :accordion:

9 Likes

I decided tonight to watch the GOAT episode: I Accuse My Parents

This particular time I chose The Gizmoplex Tribute version with the all those new Host Segments included! Gosh, it was great seeing those again! :smiley:

(Especially enjoyed the updated “Art Therapy” one! :smiley:)

8 Likes

I watched the broadcast edition of The Leech Woman the other night. It must have been recorded quite late, since it included ads for a local adult shop and a strip club. Not quite as weird as seeing ads for the Poochy episode of Simpsons and Star Wars Special Edition being in theaters.

It’s a shame that so many of the Pearl plotline episodes are missing, and it’s always a bit weird seeing early Bobo. I always forget just how lacking this movie is in terms of decent characters. Not a single good one among them!

6 Likes

“It’s up yer bucket, ya corn-shuckin’ moron!”

5 Likes

I recently quarantined from COVID (and will still be quarantining even though I tested negative this morning for the first time in a week) and spent a lot of that time watching MST3K, whether on the new Season 13 blu-ray, the Gizmoplex app or YouTube. Here are my recently watched (and/or rewatched) episodes during my victory over COVID:

SEASON 13 BLU-RAY:
1301: Santo and the Treasure of Dracula
1302: Robot Wars
1304: Munchie
1306: Demon Squad
1307: Gamera vs. Jiger
1308: The Batwoman
1310: H.G. Wells’s “The Shape of Things to Come” (FIRST TIME IN ITS ENTIRETY)
1312: The Bubble
“Pipeline to the Clouds”
“Let’s Make a Meal in 20 Minutes”
“Balance Beam for Girls” (FIRST TIME)
“Bicycling Visual Skills”
“Court Case”
“Cavalcade”

SEASON 11 BLU-RAY:
1109: Yongary
1110: Wizards of the Lost Kingdom

GIZMOPLEX APP:
S105: Tribute to 903: The Pumaman (Surgically Enhanced Version + Extras)
616: Racket Girls (FIRST TIME)

YOUTUBE:
424: “MANOS” The Hands of Fate
Videos of many, many assorted DVD menus.

8 Likes

Harrumph.

4 Likes

Rewatched Codename: Diamond Head man this episode cracks me up…

I don’t even know why, it just does

8 Likes

Well, she is the least awful character in the movie and the only one I retain any sympathy for, killing random dude for the young hotness aside. We can just headcannon that he was a bad criminal and she knew June would choose her abuser instead of an innocent villager.

5 Likes

Only way to work it. :+1:

Covid sucks big Penn [tm] balls. Try and be patient with yourself as you get better. It’s now been a year for me since I was sick and I still feel like I’m getting some of my brain-energy back, especially. (It was also probably a factor in my system suddenly rejecting a long-time med and me losing 12-15 lbs. because of gastric issues before it finally occurred to a doc what was happening. At least that’s been over for awhile.)

4 Likes