What episode (or episodes) have you watched recently?

I just hate how smug Quintus is in that. The guy keeps the same level of composure and just plays it at “that level.

Reminded me of Robert Vaughn in “Teenage Caveman.”

2 Likes

Welp, guess I better pop on I Accuse My Parents. :birthday: Which one of you’s got my $20?

8 Likes

I want to see an award winning essay before you get $20, young lady.

9 Likes

Remember, you only get one free murder today.

4 Likes

It was your birthday last year!

8 Likes

I don’t mind Vaughn’s performance. But he was way too old to be playing a teenager. lol

Also, I think Quintus was supposed to be a jackass, and I bet he did fine for himself in the past: hustling gullible peasants with fake potions or something and taking their last pennies. Or else he brazened it out with Satan and got to go back to the present after agreeing to help recruit other victims or something. He totally seems like the type.

3 Likes

I like to assume that eventually Quintus ticked off the wrong person, and was hung. Then Peter Pan Antichrist enjoyed tormenting him the most becaus Quintus would always keep trying to talk his way out of things, and then would come the hours of torment and pain, before the cycle started anew.

5 Likes

I appreciate your faith in the universe ultimately punishing all smug jerkbags eventually so they can’t jerkbag anymore.

I’m still waiting for a piano to fall on Cap’n. “X.” :confused: That’d be a good start.

4 Likes

I really hate smug SOB’s who think they can talk their way out of anything, like DeNiro’s character in Killers of the Flower Moon.

2 Likes

Went on Twitch last night and watched most of Invasion USA. That’s one I feel is more interesting to watch with other people because of how ridiculous it is, let alone the propaganda slant of “unless we give our military a blank check, some unnamed foreign entity can easily conquer us in a matter of days!”

4 Likes

I still cant help thinking Bart Fargo and Jack the Giant Killer are the same person!

6 Likes

The Year-End Review Revue!

Really enjoy putting this on every so often. Just an excellent recap of the greatness that was Season 13 and all the Gizmoplex extras! :smiley:

7 Likes

Oooh, I hates that rabbit!

3 Likes

I haven’t actually watched any episodes recently, but tomorrow I’m doing movie night with a friend and we’re going to watch something from either season 11 or 13, I haven’t decided yet. Like me, friend was not born yet when the old show was premiering. Any suggestions what episodes from 11 or 13 to show someone who seems to like the old show but hasn’t watched much of it?

5 Likes

Depends on what you mean by “like the old show. For movies that might have been used back in the day -

Beast of Hollow Mountain 1105 and Robot Wars 1302 both have bad stop action.

Also At Earth’s Core 1114, maybe?

5 Likes

We (the daughter and I) just finished Teenage Caveman.

4 Likes

Gamera vs Jiger might be familiar, what with the big green turtle we all know and love.

Just avert your eyes during “the” gross scene. Which is fake, but gross none the less.

7 Likes

The Time Travelers

6 Likes

I find Earth’s Core to be a real clunker, both in terms of the movie itself and the repetitive riffs about how much the star likes food. Beast Of Hollow Mountain is my favorite of that season. Killer Fish is my favorite of the subsequent half-season, which I would not overlook if you can get that, too @pondoscp It’s Seventies-tastic!

As for S13, I’d probably go with Demon Squad like the nostalgia-fueled sop that I am. Or The Christmas Dragon.

@NotTVsFrank I never even notice that much. It’s not as if it’s filling up the whole damn screen for 10 minutes a la’ Squirm. It’s a little segment of the screen that we hear described for… what? Maybe half a minute? Turn down the sound and you wouldn’t even know what you were looking at.

Ten seconds after it’s over, I’ve forgotten it. Until someone comes along and mentions it again. :stuck_out_tongue: The makeout scenes in Laserblast? Now there’s some real horror and disgust for you! :wink:

7 Likes

Ended up watching Avalanche with my friend on Sunday. I thought I had every line of that one memorized, but watching it with someone else made me realize I didn’t actually remember half of it. I also really want to show him Carnival Magic and At The Earth’s Core. All of the one’s y’all mentioned would have been perfect. And apparently he’s seen The Beast of Hollow Mountain unriffed, so that one definitely. We only looked at season 11; if I’d looked at 13 I don’t think I’d have been able to resist Beyond Atlantis. I suspect more episodes to watch may be in order.

7 Likes