What episode (or episodes) have you watched recently?

Lyle Waggoner’s a total jerk
Second only to Tommy Kirk
Could you find it in your heart
To love a 'bot like me?

That fishy story you tell
Always makes me sleepy
But that’s just what I get
For dating a girl that’s creepy

My Creepy Girl!

5 Likes

Ever since I discovered the Twitch MST channel, I have been watching regularly, and have become thoroughly re-acquainted with every episode that’s available for streaming.

But that still leaves 35 episodes that I won’t see unless I actively seek them out.

Most recently, I have watched Space Travelers and San Francisco International, both of which I’m lucky enough to own on DVD. Space Travelers is a prime example of how even high-budget, high-prestige films can be cheesy enough for MST: the movie is stunningly slow and dull. It’s not something I would ever choose to watch without riffing.

San Francisco International was a real delight. I grew up watching stuff just like this on TV, so it’s familiar and comforting; plus it’s competently made, but just silly enough to warrant being riffed. Tab Hunter in a priest costume with a trilby hat at a rakish angle? Priceless. Plus there’s the sequence when Pernell Roberts talks down Davey, who stole a small plane: some of the most hilarious extended riffing in the whole series.

5 Likes

Inspired by a recent episode discussion thread (they really are very helpful for ideas!): Tonight I put on The Creeping Terror!

Like I said over there: I was so impressed how much they somehow made this work. They took this empty, slapdash and strange movie and made it funny!

And yes, the end credits gag is still as hillarious as ever! And the Stinger is the perfect cherry on top!

(But now I got that dancing music stuck in my head. Totally worth it, though)

6 Likes

Here’s an hour-long loop of it!

5 Likes

The last part of the Pumaman Livestream (I never did finish it)

Funny that the star was offended by certain things, but I guess not all of us like being teased (but honestly, compared to how they went after Arch Hall Jr. and his dad, or Joe Don Baker or Rick Sloan… I think Walter got off pretty easy)

Classic episode, so, so funny and as I’ve said elsewhere, the surgery was a success.

5 Likes

316 - Gamera Vs. Zigra

Yeah, we just watched this for Mega Monsters Month, but since I’m doing a series rewatch, I had no objections to giving this another spin.

It’s my second favorite Gamera episode of the classic series after Gamera Vs. Guiron. I need to give a number of rewatches to Gamera Vs. Jiger to figure out where THAT places in the scheme of things, but I’d reckon it’d be fairly high.

Anywho, this one’s great not only because of all the kaiju wackiness (for one, the gang protesting when they see Gamera about to play Zigra’s scales like a xylophone), but also because of the Sea World subplot that felt shoehorned in and out of place here.

The host segments were something wonderful, too, such as Mike and Bridget stopping by as Kenny and Helen, the diorama showcase, a peek into Gamera’s innards, and of course, the Gamera musical cavalcade at the end.

3 Likes

Finally getting around to watching the Vault Picks. Watching Master Ninja.

6 Likes

Manhunt in Space

4 Likes

My favorite Season One episode: Moon Zero Two!

Gosh, this is a great, relaxing experiment! Perfect for a later hour too.

(And yes, I couldn’t help making references to the Gizmoplex and Papermation throughout the episode! :smiley:)

7 Likes

Castle O’ Fu Manchu

3 Likes

I’m sorry.

I KID, I KID

2 Likes

Aw, c’mon! It’s got Giant Urinal Cakes!

4 Likes

I can appreciate them stealing material from A Night to Remember, BUT STILL

3 Likes

BUT STILL I’ll take it over Manos any day!

4 Likes

pulpbold

That’s something that I always love about these discussions: all the varying opinions, especially in the case of unlikely eps getting championed over established fan favorites. More power to ya, brother!

3 Likes

Would you say, ’Mighty Bold’?

5 Likes

EXTRY BOLD, EVEN

4 Likes

Outlaw of Gor

Kill Watney! Kill Watney!

3 Likes

:musical_note:Master Ninja Theme Sooooong! :musical_note:

5 Likes

Continuing my tradition: I just wrapped up watching Gamera vs. Jiger and all the promos for The Batwoman!

All set for later!

3 Likes