What fake last name would you choose?

Maybe Willis because Bruce Willis is in Fifth Element (fav movie) or Keaton because I love Michael Keaton’s performances.

7 Likes

Please excuse my 'Mur-can ignorance, but what’s a “Midge” is it like a “Karen” in the US?.. or a little snake, like a slug-sized one?.. or something entirely different, like a barbie doll, or a china pattern, or an elevator, or a food?..

3 Likes

Michael Keaton’s comedy talent is pretty underrated. He has an almost unmatched level of sarcasm and snark delivery that goes unrecognized a majority of the time.

5 Likes

All great guesses. They are in fact a type of tiny bloodsucking insect. Summer is Midge Season in Scotland when they swarm and just cause a general nuisance.

3 Likes

Ha… yer funny, my guesses stunk in relation to what they really are, but that’s sweet. Thanks.

Ahhhh! I see. They look like they WOULD indeed be a nuisance. Is there any way to keep them away from you? We have some fat mosquitoes here in the Great Lakes region of the US where I live, but they don’t swarm like that and I can easily keep them off of me with some good essential oils that they hate and I love. They’re all giant and easy to see/hear coming… Midges seem like they would be maddening. I hope it’s easy for you and everyone else in Scotland to avoid their bites. Do you have to deal with mosquitoes, too?

1 Like

Faux is the fakest last name.

3 Likes

It’s fine, there is a full range of stylish and form-flattering midge protection available

I’m down in England, where midges are less of an issue. The only thing you have to worry about is, well, the English. We also tend to swarm and cause a nuisance in the summer.

12 Likes

I am going to change my name to Firstname Lastname.

3 Likes

A similar thread went around earlier, and I maintain my choices from that time: Howard Quatermass if an experimental subject, and Howard Forbin if a mad scientist.

5 Likes

Oooo! How very mod. It would be worth it to see that countryside. What a beautiful area.

2 Likes

I would slap on Eastwood real quick. Now that I’m thinking about it, I’ll probably make that my hostsona’s last name, he’s been without one for a while now. Actually wait. Sinatra is a really good contender too

3 Likes

Good choices! I’d probably go with “Ruby Flynn” as a test subject and “Baxter Valentine” as a Mad. Flynn for Errol Flynn, and Valentine because Dr. Valentine just sounds cool!

7 Likes

Nice! Valentine is also a great name for a mad because of the wonderfully sinister actor Valentine Dyall.

3 Likes

I’d probably go with “Hooper” in honor of director Tobe Hooper.

9 Likes

Uh-huh, sure. We all know the real reason.

9 Likes

[puts hands in the air like TV’s Frank]

Ya got me! :smiley:

6 Likes

West after Adam West. My first name is also Adam, so I’ll be Adam West.

8 Likes

I’m surprised that no one in this whole thread has chosen Saknussemm.*

*No, not really.

5 Likes

What the hell. I would be walking around with a flamethrower. Make sure I never visit during summer.

Edit: Which are legal here in Michigan. Unless they finally cracked down.

flamethrower GIF

5 Likes

MacReady.

‘The Thing’ was a great sci-fi flick

10 Likes