What fake last name would you choose?

Honestly, if you’re serious about clearing out midges you’re going to have to scale up your ordnance.

flame-fire

4 Likes

I love the smell of dead midges in the morning.

7 Likes

Grant or Carter. Both for Alans I really like: Jurassic Park’s Alan Grant and Space: 1999’s Alan Carter. They both go pretty good with my real first name too. :+1:

8 Likes

I love him, too. Texas Chainsaw Massacre and Poltergeist are among my top 5 favorite movies of all time.

4 Likes

I love anything Jim Henson

5 Likes

Smith?

2 Likes

So much so. The man had a way with a film. Nothing but love for Poltergeist (which I wholeheartedly believe Hooper directed and NOT Spielberg) and Texas Chainsaw Massacre, which is one of my three favorite horror movies along with Night of the Living Dead and The Haunting (both the original movies from the 60s and not the remakes, although I will admit that there were things I loved about Savini’s Living Dead remake).

And then you’ve got Hooper’s Eaten Alive and Lifeforce and Invaders from Mars. I even dig his TCM2, even though it’s not anywhere as god-tier as the first movie.

4 Likes

4 Likes

You should see my Weta figures!

7 Likes

I would be Ryan Van Dien, after Casper Van Dien- Star of my favorite so bad it’s good masterpiece film: Starship Troopers

9 Likes

denise richards smile GIF

9 Likes

Those are beautiful. That is some amazing detail. I still haven’t completed the netflix series, but I do love the movie. The Dark Crystal and the Secret of NIMH were the first two dvds my husband and I got together when we bought our first DVD player… we’ve been together that long, since before the transition from VHS to DVD… HA… I’m old sounding, but don’t feel it.

Jim Henson seemed like such a gentle soul and his creations have given so much joy to so many. He is really one of my heros… him, Joel (because of the very same reason), Mary Poppins, and Mothra.

4 Likes

They’re making Kira soon! She’s already been preordered by me. :slight_smile: And yes, I think Jim Henson was a true visionary. Up there with the greats. We wouldn’t have Joel without him I believe.

5 Likes

I am glad the Universe was kind enough to bless us with BOTH of these big hearted, imaginative men.

I really loved Joel so much as the subject of the experiments specifically because he made a point to have the bots say something positive about it, and work on what it means to be a human, not only that, but what it means to be a GOOD person. He always had cute little lessons and sweet words of wisdom…

I remember one episode with Peter Graves, who was trying to stop an invasion of aliens that his friend had been secretly aiding, and the ending monologue was so poignant that I stopped the movie, rewound it and listened to it again (2x)… Then I finally moved on to finish the movie, and I cracked up when Joel had the bots listen to the ending monologue again himself because it really WAS that poignant… THEN, after Frank pushed the button, it played AGAIN throughout the credit roll… I was really floored then.

Here… I found it…

9 Likes

I’ll watch that tonight! Thanks!

6 Likes

No problem… I put it right at the point of the ending as Joel and the Bots are leaving the theater and rewatching the meaningful monologue… It’s just a quick thing, but the full movie itself is definitely worth watching.

6 Likes

I’d probably pick Carter, after one of my favorite characters from Stargate, Samantha Carter. (Daniel Jackson is a very close second fav, but I think Carter works with my first name better.)

3 Likes

Sadly yes.

1 Like

Hi, I’m Tim Shatner.

7 Likes

that’s cool @cg_angel thanks for sharing your story and the clip!

2 Likes