What games have you played recently?

Name, console(or pc, phone, board game home, arcade, even pinball), description/reviews welcome if you want.

General video game banter and babbling.

Obviously for those of us who enjoy gaming

8 Likes

I’ve been playing Cozy Grove for about six weeks - I enjoy games that are about helping and not about fighting.

5 Likes

Personally I’ve been borderline obsessed with Red Dead Remption Online for the past 2 months. Like I’ve been slacking on working out and writing to play it so I’ve been cutting back.

Beautiful looking game, plus the world and game play is pretty immersive. Its like playing a beautifully shot classic western movie. I’ve set some time aside to play Smite because they have a Stranger Things cross promotion and I’ve been a fan of that because I used to play League of Legends but I prefer console gaming and between Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles last winter and now Stranger Things I’ve been enjoying the game and rewards.

I’ve been meaning to finish my replay of Final Fantasy VII(original) and I’m half through Injustice God’s Among Us, and I started the Resident Evil Remake but haven’t touched those in months.

Last game I actually beat was Spyro Reignited Trilogy a few months ago well at least the remake of the 1st game. Got 120% complete and kind of burnt myself on Spyro for a bit.

Those are all on X-Box One S.

Otherwise at work I occasionally play the original 8 bit Final Fantasy on my phone as well.

3 Likes

For the Nintendo Switch, I’ve been playing Animal Crossing New Horizons, to get more items now that I got 5 stars on my island, Tetris 99, Taiko no Tatsujin, and Mr. Driller on my MAME emulator.

7 Likes

I’m just about to finish up Hades.

Prior to it, I was locked into Returnal for months only to discover that my save fell victim to a rather unfortunate patch that’d kill progress. So… wipe and reinstall and I’ll give it a fresh go at some point but it needs to sit in the corner and think about what it did for a little bit. Washed the bitter taste out of my mouth with playing/finishing Axiom Verge 2.

5 Likes

I’ve been playing Hogwarts Mystery on a Bluestacks emulator for awhile now. I’m enjoying it pretty much. Other than that, the other ‘mobile’-style games I’m still currently playing would be Pocket Mortys and a Cartoon Network block match game thingy.

When/if I get more time again, I was playing the Scott Pilgrim video game and still haven’t played the PS4 Spider-Man game I got a few years ago.

5 Likes

I don’t do any new gaming these days. I was an avid gamer once upon a time, but I stopped sometime during the PlayStation 1/Nintendo 64 era. However, I will dig up my retro systems and enjoy some games every now and then.

I’ve been fond of revisiting NBA Jam for the Sega Genesis, among others.

7 Likes

Care to take a look at what’s under the hood? It’s actually pretty interestin’.

6 Likes

Current desktop game: Cities Skylines

Tabletop games: Quiddler, Five Crowns (both good games for playing with friends you can talk and play at the same time) CodeNames, Ticket To Ride

7 Likes

I want to get a switch :weary:

I’ve had more prevalent bills but just got a raise for 2.20 and may be getting a promotion soon which will raised it another 9-10 dollars an hour. So🤞hopefully soon. It was nice to see some original Nintendo games on mobile the other year but Since Mario Run, Fire Emblem, and even Dragalia which were all fun I haven’t heard about them messing much with mobile since Switch sales have been high.

4 Likes

Thats crazy I just watched that video a week or two ago. I always thought it felt tilted. The better I did the harder it got. Nice to find out I wasn’t just a whining rage filled kid when I’d get my butt handed to me and would call foul when i was younger and played the hell out of NBA Jam. One of the first games I bought myself @ Hollywood Video

4 Likes

Weapon of Choice DX, which just came out a couple of days ago on Switch, PS4, and Xbox One… revisiting since I wrote the dialogue for the game when it originally released in 2008. I remembered a lot of the story, but I had forgotten most of the jokes that I put on the loading screens, so that was fun.

I’ve also been playing Yakuza 0 on PS4. I’ve never played any games in the Yakuza series before, and this is the narrative beginning for the series so I figured it would be a good place to start. I’m over halfway done and very much enjoying it. I have Shenmue on Dreamcast, and I feel like Yakuza realizes a lot of the dreams that Shenmue aspired to.

4 Likes

I am fully a pc gamer. Haven’t bought a console since Nintendo 64. I suffer from a little ADD with my gaming so I tend to bounce around a ton. Currently I am playing a modded Minecraft play through, Void Bastards (I’m going the completionist route), Wizardry 1-8 (skipping 4 and with an editor carrying my party through all games), and finally Halo Master Chief Collection.

4 Likes

That slingshot A.I. was always the worst… which made it more of a fun challenge, so… kinda the best, too, heh.

4 Likes

Yeah, Mario Kart 64 had some real slingshot A.I. along those lines as well.

It could be frustrating as all heck, but as it was a challenge, I welcomed it!

4 Likes

Aggrestuko: Short Timer Strikes Back

I’ve been playing this on my smartphone. Based on the anime starring the metal singing red panda, it’s another match three game. But since I like the anime, it is still fun!

3 Likes

PC - Rocksmith, Saints Row 3 Remastered, and I finally got around to modding the heck out of Skyrim for a replay. I remember SR3 a lot less than I thought I would, and I miss my superpowers.

Switch - Zelda: BotW, but I’ve really run out of steam on it about 75% of the way through.

5 Likes

Super Mario Bros. Game & Watch
Currently on World 7-1 in Super Mario Bros. 2-JPN
(Infinite Lives enabled :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:)

5 Likes

I’ve been playing the Yakuza games in chronological order throughout this year but took a break to play Psychonauts 2, which is possibly one of the overall best games I’ve played in years.

5 Likes

I’m working through Witcher III when I’ve got any time between work, school, and existential angst.

The latter I am also treating with my annual playthrough of Link to the Past.

6 Likes