What games have you played recently?

Well, Nobody Saves the World didn’t last long (and there’s definitely no subsequent playthrough happenin’; I’m done with it).

Moved onto Stranger of Paradise: Final Fantasy Origin. It’s… :nauseated_face:

It’s an alternate telling of the very first FF game, made by a poor man’s Platinum Games (Team Ninja), that wants desperately to be both a Soulsborne and Final Fantasy X-2 at the same time. Read that again; let it sink in. Yeah, the game’s that jumbled.

Word on teh onlinez is that the game eventually won people’s hearts. It’s probably just not for me, then. I’ve finished every FF I put in front of me so I’ll need to finish this, too, to not break the trend. It’s gonna hurt.

2 Likes

Batman: Arkham Knight

5 Likes

Man, people weren’t kidding about how good Titanfall 2’s campaign is. It’s short but has very little downtime, the combat mechanics are so slick and the gameplay smooth and fast-paced. I also appreciate how fast you connect with BT as an actual character- he’s more interesting than the bland protagonist for sure.

I almost want to replay it already.

1 Like

Interesting
-I was gifted that game a couple months ago and played the very first mission (getting batteries, etc).
That’s a very glowing review indeed.

1 Like

Oh gosh, a couple:

• The Long Dark: Frozen survival game with lots of great mechanics and an amazing watercolor-esque art style.
  • The Sims 4: Because I’m a sims junkie, leave me alone.
  • Subnautica: Because being terrified of drowning and undersea mutants is a fun day.
  • Minecraft: They have BEES! :heart_eyes: :honeybee:
  • Cities Skylines: One day I’ll master making subway lines.
  • Banished: Because who doesn’t like a citybuilding survival game. Lots of people? O…Oh.

Recommendations:

• The Forest: Very excellent survival horror game
  • Valheim: Very excellent viking afterlife survival game
  • Stardew Valler: It’s cute, who doesn’t like cute?
5 Likes

After playing through No Place Like Home in creative mode I started over and did it again in normal mode, I wish there was more to build in the game, maybe they will add more in the future.

I noticed I was close to 500 hours in Subnautica so played that for a few more hours and now am over 500. There’s a game where I love building bases.

Dev branch of The Planet Crafter just got updated so I’ll be checking that out, another game I love to build bases in, if they add all the stuff they say they are planning to add I will certainly be spending hundreds of hours in it. Funny, there are no monsters in Planet Crafter and Subnautica has loads, but I find Subnautica so much more relaxing to play.

3 Likes

Have you tried Frostpunk?

2 Likes

I have not, is it on steam? :nerd_face:

2 Likes

Steam and most of the major consoles.

2 Likes

Frostpunk is brilliant. Rimworld also rules. I am all about city-builders.

Right now, though, I have been vicariously living in the Star Wars Universe for a month thanks to Lego Star Wars: The Skywalker Saga. I just have to clear out Dagobah and Yavin 5 and I’ll have all of the Kyber Bricks, then I just need to get all of the level-achievements and spend a whole lot of studs on unlocking stuff, and I’ll have this baby 100-Percented.

3 Likes

I’m mainly a PC gamer, but good to know I have options!

3 Likes

I’ve tried this a couple times and I…just don’t understand what I’m supposed to be doing.

2 Likes

Survive, explore, build, rinse and repeat…

It was the first game in decades that I got out a pad of paper to start making my own maps, plotting where stuff was, taking notes on how to get into wreckage and the various underground caves. Only way to win the game is to keep exploring deeper and deeper.

3 Likes

For me, building ridiculous bases in creative mode and being eaten by undersea monsters, mainly. Pretty tho.

2 Likes

I made it through in hard core mode once, that was not a relaxing time since it was in the first year after full release and still a bit buggy. I think I had already played through 3 times in survival mode at that point so knew everything to do but just had to be super careful.

These days I like to start in survival mode and use console commands to switch to creative. That way you still have to explore and scan to get blueprints but don’t have to worry about food or creature attacks.

2 Likes

I just finished Horizon Forbidden West on the PS4. It was an excellent sequel, I just wish I had a PS5 to play it on.

4 Likes

3 Likes

I managed to pick up the Saturn port of those D&D games relatively cheaply a few years back.

Been playing McDonald’s Treasure Land Adventure on the Mega Drive. It’s an action platformer based on the fast food franchise that’s actually a pretty good game because it was developed by Treasure concurrently with Gunstar Heroes.

5 Likes

Found Mad Max on the PS store for $5

it was fun in a RDR2 but with a car you get to upgrade kind of way. But by the end I realized it was just making me depressed. Not an emotionally invigorating game for 2022

3 Likes

Stranger of Paradise is finished. To the Final Fantasy fans around here: the story’s canon but also hardly fits so some prior canon gets wafflestomped so, please, just avoid it (you’re not missing anything).

Onto Source of Madness. Reviews aren’t kind and I sorta see why, but I’ve enjoyed it so far. There are flavors of Dead Cells and Rogue Legacy in there (both are far superior) and it wears its Lovecraftian mythos garb better than many other games (which usually take the approach of “it’s all about a Cthulhu thing, right?”).

2 Likes