What happened to Nate Beagle?

I’m stoked for tonight’s episode, but what on Earth happened to Nate?

1 Like

He had a kid.

4 Likes

Maybe this thread should explain a little better.

10 Likes

He was back after that for a short time.

Can we get him on a milk carton so that he can reappear on the show decades later like Dr. Erhardt?

4 Likes

Nate is gone. They’re not telling us why, and I think we have to trust that there’s a good reason for that and stop asking what happened.

21 Likes

Did he embezzle a million bucks and jet off to parts unknown?

He did Ed Wynn one too many times, so they’ve taken him to a farm upstate.

8 Likes

Like Ed Montoro of MST favorite Film Ventures International!

3 Likes

Beyond that, any wild speculations are unlikely to yield a productive and useful conversation here.

15 Likes

Smells like hint!

4 Likes

Incidentally, it’s Nate Begle. Nate Beagle is one of Snoopy’s many cousins.

3 Likes

Oh jeez, sorry, I was thinking of Nat Bagel.

3 Likes

The Star Trek: The Next Generation episode Clues shows that if you leave too many unanswered questions, strange clues, and no resolutions, people will strive all the more to get the answers, even if it’s not beneficial to them.

Perhaps if we’d not been blindsided by this, having a press release of some type, even if it was simply corporate copy like “Nate Begle and Alternaversal have decided to part ways”, so many of us wouldn’t want to know so badly. I’ll confess, I want to know because I don’t like having information/knowledge kept from me, but we’re not entitled to know.

Hopefully it’s simply a matter of Nate found a more lucrative project and everyone parted on non-controversial good terms.

5 Likes

What you drafted is basically what they said when asked, though. When Kelsey Ann Brady was first listed in press releases, people asked after Begle and got told, essentially, the above. Beyond that it’s simply not our business when it’s a private matter with the show.

If Begle was a main cast member of the Netflix show or the ongoing revival then sure, I’d agree a press release of some sort would be necessary. But for a member of the touring company that only a certain cross-section of the larger audience is familiar with at all, I think they handled it fairly judiciously.

9 Likes

He did participate in many of the live screenings of old episodes from the previous year and during the campaign. I didn’t get to see him in a live show but the screenings really endeared me to him (his Ed Wynn had me rolling). Perhaps even a Kickstarter update informing us of the change would have been enough. I dunno. People hate being left in the dark on things and not having access to information. It’s natural to want to learn things we’re not privy to, regardless if we deserve the answer or not. But it is what it is, and it’s best we all simply accept the change and let everyone move on and deal with it in our own way.

7 Likes

Let it go.

3 Likes

+100 points for the day for s somewhat obscure ST:TNG reference that really nails the situation on the head.

I hope Nate knows how much concern has been expressed over his absence!

6 Likes

I left out a bagel with cream cheese and a bunch of tiny flies landed on it, giving me a gnat bagel.

4 Likes

I cleaned my trumpet and now it’s a neat bugle.

5 Likes