What happened to THE FINAL SACRIFICE?

Has anyone else noticed that you can’t find MST3K’s The Final Sacrifice anywhere? Not on YouTube, not in The Gizmoplex… Nowhere. (I had to take matters into my own hands.)

6 Likes

Did you try down the back of the couch? That’s where I usually find stuff that’s lost.

17 Likes

Yup. Final Sacrifice is a fan favorite that Shout unfortunately lost all rights to. This makes my Volume 14 both extremely valuable, and absolutely worthless as it means I will never sell it to anyone ever.

21 Likes

Good news. I found the full episode split into 2 parts on Dailymotion. Hopefully, you’ll find it there.

16 Likes

Someone inserted it into the MST3K Twitch schedule for 12:00 am and 4 pm today. I now believe this to be an April Fools gag. And I was hoping it meant Shout acquired rights to more episodes :disappointed_relieved:

8 Likes

On the bright side, of you had a digital copy from before Shout! lost it, you still have it. It’s still in my library in the Gizmoplex.

11 Likes

Twitch now has “view party” rules so therefore any copyrighted material owned by the streamer can be streamed. So if you own a DVD of a movie you can stream that movie on Twitch. Before you ask it’s as if you have a virtual living room and all your friends are coming over to watch a movie. Pretty sure Joel and Shout won’t do this but it’s perfectly legal to show Final Sacrifice on twitch.

10 Likes

If that’s a joke, then THAT’S cruel. Yikes.

I’m willing to allow it if they show The Castle of Fu Manchu instead, because then the joke loops back around from cruel to hilarious.

9 Likes

Yeah, that’s insanely cruel if it’s an April Fool’s joke. Looking at the schedule, it seems to be all classic episodes for today. Manos, Mitchell, Pumaman and so on. So, maybe they’re actually just showing “bad” ones and they’re all listed as super famous ones? I’ll have to check Twitch for myself to see.

2 Likes

Basically, Tjardus Greidanus is a Great **** and refuses to let that episode be seen. He copyright strikes anyone who puts it up on YouTube. It’s crazy because it’s the only way anyone is going to see his terrible movie. All I can think is he’s embarrassed by it.

9 Likes

I feel like Tjardus would make less of a fool of himself if he would just leave the episode alone. Like I get that he’s probably embarrassed by the film, but I don’t think anyone really cares too much. It’s just a silly movie he made 30 years ago. It’s really not a big deal. He’s hurting people who just want to see this beloved episode.

Editing this post to bring up something else. I believe Dailymotion actually rejected his copyright claims on the episode because they were seen as malicious. Shouldn’t that be enough to tell him to just drop it?

11 Likes

Okaaaaay… I get it. Todays enitre schedule is a joke. none of whats on the schedule is actually being shown. :crazy_face:

2 Likes

Right now, we’re getting Monster a-Go-Go instead of I Accuse My Parents, and I’m laughing my keister off.

This is going to be an evil day for MST3K’s Twitch channel.

6 Likes

And then there’s this gem from the Twitch chat, courtesy of the official MST3K account:

hamletrobotwars

11 Likes

And now, instead of Werewolf, we’re getting The Creeping Terror!

LOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOL

8 Likes

It’s weird. I just found and watched a bit of it on DailyMotion and when I went back to reading my Bible, in my head I heard Colossians in Tom Servo’s voice and a paragraph or two later, it was TV’s Frank’s voice. MST3K sure does weird things to your head.

What do you think, sirs?

6 Likes

That’s an April Fool’s trick I’m okay with. Creeping Terror is much funnier than Werewolf IMO.

6 Likes

And now, instead of The Pumaman, the next episode is The Starfighters.

THAT’S a powerful choice, yowza!

7 Likes

I’m enjoying the occasional Yule Log interlude today.

3 Likes

It will remain unavailable until we learn if there is beer on the sun.

6 Likes