What is some of your favorite TV theme music?

Mine are mostly from the 70s and 80s-

Edit: Oh man, how could I forget Night Court?

10 Likes
10 Likes

WKRP! Another great one I forgot! I love these long versions.

Also-

8 Likes

ETA: New link—that first one wasn’t the original extended version with the pan and percussion solos.

10 Likes

In my opinion, the greatest show for kids ever made. Just as entertaining for adults. The promise of lyrics requires you to go to the YouTube page, but it might be worth it if you ever wondered what on Earth the lead singer of Polaris was singing.

4 Likes

Luck was part of HBO’s “Deeply up our own butt” era (see also: John from Cincinnati), but the song BANGS.

3 Likes

Nothing at Youtube (with the TV intro) but I like how Kolchak starts off casual, like it’ll be a breezy show about a reporter, then it turns dark…

14 Likes

There is nothing about Wonderfalls that isn’t a joy from the start of the theme music to the end credits.

Also, that song is by Andy Partridge of XTC.

5 Likes
6 Likes
3 Likes

Gotta have some Jessica Fletcher in here, but with no lyrics is it a song?

And Batman is a lyric.

10 Likes
5 Likes

A new one, and maybe not the song on its own, but coupled to the intro with that goofy dance, perfecto…

4 Likes

This one gives me feelings of nostalgia, even though it was a world I never knew-

Here’s a couple of other good ones I just thought of-

And who doesn’t love The Ventures?

11 Likes

I will edit it to say theme music since that’s what I meant.

2 Likes

Not one I was likely to walk around singing, but I always loved Thomas Newman’s theme for Six Feet Under.

4 Likes

There are three that immediately come to mind as theme songs that I never fast forward through when the program starts.

8 Likes
8 Likes
9 Likes

I had no idea this had a long version.

4 Likes