What is the best MST3k skit of all time?

Mike broke the Hubble!!!

8 Likes

Not so much a"skit" but the closing credits of Werewolf

Tusk!

10 Likes

My personal favorite is the Mile-High Marangue Pie from Mole People. Gets me every time!

3 Likes

The comedy writer in me cringes every time I see the word skit in the thread title. It just always feels dismissive as I think every sketch comedian has been told that maybe they could include something in one “of your little skits”.

4 Likes

I forgot that…that was great!

1 Like

#1 Tom’s Death Ray from Danger!! Death Ray.
#2 Cowboy Mike’s Own Original Extree Bold Red Hot Ricochet Barbeque Sauce! from Starfighters.
#3 Idiot Control Now Song from Pod People.
#4 Joel “I Know” Super-villain Imitation from Double Double 07.
#5 What If The Warrior Of The Lost World Failed His Driver’s Test? from Warrior of the Lost World.

Honorable Mention goes to turning Joel into Arch Hall Jr. from Eegah.

9 Likes

And to answer the question, this is my favorite Joel host segment because it had something to say and was funny as hell…which, as we see in this host segment from “Eegah”, works in subtle ways. I also think it’s framed nicely and they gave Joel a piece of business to do with him putting together another jumpsuit with Crow as his model and Servo as his pincushion.

My favorite Mike host segment was Tom Servo’s Video Deposition from “Agent for H.A.R.M.”

With Jonah, I think it’s still “Every Country Has a Monster” because I remember seeing that on the big screen with an audience filled with MSTies in NYC and thinking “Oh, yeah, this really hits the right tone. The show is still the show.”

5 Likes
  1. Mikey, the Mike Sprite (Squirm)
  2. Skull Crow scaring Mike (Screaming Skull)
  3. Crow and Tom projecting Mike’s things (Projected Man)
  4. Castle Forrester Fair (Squirm)
  5. Crow turns Mike into Hugo (Devil Doll)
4 Likes

See, that’s what I mean when I said I was sure I was forgetting something. :smiley:

2 Likes

The one that got me back into the show was the Warrior of the Lost World going to get his driver’s license.

3 Likes

With the Jonah era brought into this, we have to consider “Every Country Has a Monster” and “Concepts”.

But the complimentary wrestling sketch from Santo in the Treasure of Dracula can’t be far behind.

4 Likes

This is pretty broad, but I always liked the segments where they spoof a scene from the movie/short, and any of the infomercial style skits. Infomercials were such an integral part of late night 90s TV and deserve to be lampooned forever. Or maybe just Joey the Lemur.

4 Likes

I don’t think that it’s been mentioned, but it always cracks me up in The Girl In Gold Boots when Mike is doing his Critter performance as Crow tries to inform him that there’s a fire.

6 Likes
  1. Patrick Swayze Christmas
  2. Are You Happy In Your Work?
  3. The Pants Up Song
7 Likes

My vote goes to the musical Supercalifragilisticexpiali-wacky!

5 Likes
  1. From a telethon “Hit me Swayze one more time”

2. from one of the Netflix shows " Jonah with Every Country has a monster"

3 Likes

Either the Crow and Servo’s dueling computer OS skit or the time when everyone is pretending to be a raspy voice actor, even Magic Voice.

4 Likes

The Behind the Music for the Band that Played California Lady (episode: Track of the Moon Beast) was a really good parody of the VH1 music documentary format.

9 Likes

For me, I have to go with the recreation of the “Trumpy, you can do magic things” scene from Pod People. Worth it just for the Mads’ reaction to it.

4 Likes
  1. For me, it’s the “Gypsy Rose Me” segment. Nice to see Gypsy take the spotlight every once in a while.
  2. Gypsy’s ridiculous harp playing in “Hercules Unchained” as she just sings “Last niiiiiiiiiiiiiight” and mashes her face into the harp.
  3. We can’t deny that “Hired! the Musical” is one of the bets host segments ever, if not one of the best musical and songs of the entire series.
  4. And that one part in the Beatniks when Gypsy suddenly bashed Joel. “MY BABIES!!!” It was SO hilarious. I can’t even rewatch the episode without busting a gut over Gypsy here.
5 Likes