What is the worst RiffTrax?

Continuing the discussion from What is the best RiffTrax?:

My worst RiffTrax? Forbidden Zone. Because they didn’t even riff it.

“We’re not riffing on this movie. It’s perfectly bizarre just the way it is! RiffTrax and Legend Films are proud to premiere the ultimate cult movie, Forbidden Zone, NOW IN COLOR and designed in partnership with director Richard Elfman. Now you can sing along with the Devil and “Chicken Boy” in the colorful comfort of your subterranean world.”

Seriously, RiffTrax?

Any other terrible RiffTraxes?

3 Likes

The only Rifftrax movie I’ve been unable to finish, in spite of the riffs, was Cool As Ice,
“starring” Vanilla Ice. The movie was simply too painful to sit through. I think I made it about halfway.

I’ve sat through Santa Claus and the Easter Bunny, The Room, and any number of schlocky 50s-70s crap films. But that movie almost broke me.

7 Likes

Rollergater. I finished it, but it was so incredibly stupid that I was really glad that I didn’t have to pay for it because I will never ever watch it again. Sure, the riffing was good, but the movie itself was so absolutely horrible that I had almost no enjoyment.

Runner up: Arachnia. Honestly, I don’t know why, but this movie made me genuinely angry. I’ve almost never had that reaction to a movie before, but I really really hated it and so the riffing didn’t matter because I was too irritated to laugh.

10 Likes

Rollergator

This is my ‘Hamlet’ of Rifftrax as I can’t sit through the whole thing. The riffing can’t even save it for me.

5 Likes

Yeah thoses were bad. That bunny outfit…

3 Likes

I flipped off my Mac Book screen a few times when I saw Fungicide on it. That broke me. This is me after finishing it.

freedom GIF

3 Likes

I enjoy anything they do live or Christmas related, but i just can’t with Santa and the Ice Cream Bunny. It’s on some other level for me, and I enjoy Fun in Balloon Land.

7 Likes

Not the guys’ fault because their riffing is pretty on-point, but Breaker! Breaker! really stresses me out. There is not a clean surface or laundered garment or showered person in the entire film.

5 Likes

Worth it just for the David Lynch reference. Though honestly I find it more watchable than any Lynch I ever attempted. If only it had a Miguel Ferrer cameo. [sigh]

3 Likes

What stresses me out is my brain going “Wait –is that Kelsey Grammer? Nah. It couldn’t be. But . . . Is it? Looks a lot like . . . Nahhhhhhhhh!”

5 Likes

I think it’s all right. But I’m nowhere near as gaga for it as almost every other fan seems to be.

Tried to get into The Christmas Circus yesterday and kept falling asleep. It’s the kind of thing which exemplifies why station breaks and skits play such a vital role in making riffing funny. The monotony was overpowering, and the riffers sounded like they were feeling it, too.

4 Likes

Others have said Roller Gator, I tend to agree. That noodling acoustic guitar over the entire ‘movie’ caused some weird neurological things to happen.

2 Likes

There are so many I quit on half-way through, mostly from the last 4 or 5 years. But going back to 2009…

Maniac - the movie is so unpleasant with its animal abuse and such, it kills whatever riffing goodwill there might be (and what there is, was only fair at best)

More current, Baby Ghost - an unfunny, grade Z, drag. I can probably count the laughs on… 1 finger… that middle one.

3 Likes

That one with Whizzo the clown? Gah, yeah, that’s a toughie to get through.

3 Likes

Rollergator is certainly near the top of this list. It’s so purposefully an attempt to make a bad movie that you don’t want to riff it, you don’t want to punch it, you just want to tell everyone to knock it off and go home.

3 Likes

I feel like Things is the worst movie they did. I think I had a brain aneurysm at some point. Although…Cool As Ice was VERY bad as well, I think alcohol helped me through that one. Could be a tie.

1 Like

Sharknado. The digs at Tara Reid are just uncalled for. She’s not to blame for that botched plastic surgery.

2 Likes

See, now…I actually love the Sharknado movies! Unriffed!

1 Like

That’s why I responded here that it’s the worst Rifftrax. Not necessarily the worst movie they’ve riffed.

1 Like

Oooh! Gotcha!

1 Like