What is Your Favorite Jeffrey Combs Performance?

YOUR QUESTION:
What is your favorite performance by Jefferey Combs?

NAME TO CREDIT:
Dorchadas Gheimhridh

HOW TO PRONOUNCE IT:
Sound it out, and then just give up.

3 Likes

It has to be Weyun in Deep Space Nine.

4 Likes

Shran for ST Enterprise

7 Likes

Milton Dammers from the Frighteners!

4 Likes

from beyond horror movies GIF by absurdnoise

1 Like

Dr. Herbert West for life, folks.

4 Likes

I love him as Weyoun because each new incarnation he played slightly differently, he was able to show range even with one character

5 Likes

Said it in the episode chat but I’ll say it here:
He did great justice to Brainiac in Injustice 2.

3 Likes

I do so love him in Re-animator, especially the moments when he looks over the horrific consequences of his actions, and just when you think he might say “this has to stop” instead he goes “you know what? I think if I try it again but in a slightly different way it will work.” That split second of him allllllmost doing the right thing but instead locking into pure mad scientist mode gets me every time.

That said, his performance in The Frighteners is a masterpiece.

7 Likes

Anyone who can play Scarecrow, Brainiac, and the Question and give each their required gravitas is certainly incredible.

7 Likes

Shran was my favorite, started out good but really got great in the last season of Enterprise. The interrogation of Soval had some fantastic acting on both sides.

3 Likes

tumblr_5e29f4349262a98e31ae5016fb13884a_440d2bcb_400
What’s that? Now that you’ve stepped inside my territorial bubble I’ll tell you it was Frighteners.

Small part, but totally stole the show.

2 Likes

He and Robert Englund do good work with various characters, even if they don’t get the praise Mark Hamill does (Englund has been Felix Faust, Riddler and Scarecrow. Still thing he could have been a good live action Sinestro in the 80s too).

2 Likes

He played Edgar Allen Poe on an episode of masters of horror "The Black Cat. i think thats what they were talking about during the after show

1 Like

More likely they were talking about his stage show, Nevermore, which I never saw but heard many many good things about.

4 Likes

i wish i could find those stage shows. he was incred in the Black Cat… thank you.

1 Like

Literally the entire reason the Vorta were a clone race is that the crew loved what he did with Weyoun so much in his first episode and regretted they killed him off in it.

7 Likes

Milton Dammers, hands down. A truly disturbing and disturbed character. I do enjoy him as Brunt though as I like bureaucrat/punch clock villains.

5 Likes

Seconded. I know a lot of people don’t like Enterprise (with some valid reasons for that) but Shran is a fantastic character and Combs is great every time he appears.

3 Likes

There’s an interview where Combs said that, before taking the role of Shran, he asked to make sure the character would survive the episode and he accepted as soon as they told him yes. :slight_smile:

3 Likes