What is your favorite line of all time?

What is your favorite Line of all time>

Mitchell!

5 Likes

What is your favorite Line of all time>

Mitchell!

4 Likes

:notes: “My my my my Godddd!!” :notes: (I think that might be my husband’s fave riff, given how often he quotes it.)

5 Likes

Joel: “If you know me and I know I do
”

5 Likes

Joel: If you’re like me; and I know I am—

8 Likes

Oh, sweet mystery of life! At last, I found you!

3 Likes

Probably my favorite line of all time is this one. I remember being introduced in middle school math class. Chuck Jones' The Dot and the Line - A Romance in Lower Mathematics - YouTube

(ETA: And now the name of the topic has been changed so this joke makes no sense. Alas.

ETA2: After moving the thread, the kind mods changed the title back? Aww, you didn’t have to.)

4 Likes

The concession line. Heyoooo! Woof. Woof. Woof. Woof.

2 Likes

I am serious, and don’t call me Shirley.

6 Likes

That poor Mom in The Creeping Terror had a nice looking line but it didn’t save her.

4 Likes

I originally merged this thread into the Favorite Riff thread, but on second thought, I considered that the topic of the thread was broad enough that it could be expanded to include all lines from MST3K, such as from the host segments (and maybe even supplemental material such as commercials, Turkey Day bumpers, Kickstarter events, DVD bonus features, etc.).

With that in mind, I’d like to go with Frank’s line to Dr. Forrester about the SOL crew from Cave Dwellers: “I mean, we have it worse than them. We have to watch YOU watching the film.”

4 Likes

I guess bringing up what I think was a Conga line in the Swamp Diamonds opener is right out then. : o

4 Likes

For something a bit more literal, we could always go with the blooper from the invention exchange in First Spaceship to Venus, where Kevin Murphy screams “LINE!?” from off-camera when the Mads forget what to say!

2 Likes

“Eeeuuuk-uueeel!”

6 Likes

mst3k421wind

It’s tough to think of a line that sums up Servo more succinctly than “I’m the wind, baby!”

12 Likes

I’m going to wax nerdy for a moment: “The world is given to me only once, not one existing and one perceived. Subject and object are only one. The barrier between them cannot be said to have broken down as a result of recent experience in the physical sciences, for this barrier does not exist.” Erwin Schrodinger (Against the Copenhagen interpretation of quantum mechanics)

Okay, now, back to other things.

“It would take a scientist to explain it and I’m from the humanities.”

Or

“There’s a sale at Penney’s!”

Or

“What if he goes out there and melts down a busload of nuns. How would you like to write the headline on that one?”
“Nun Soup?”
“BEN!”

4 Likes

Mike as Megaweapon reported that Killdozer got temperamental when Clint Walker didn’t want to run lines with him.

4 Likes

This one goes outside of the boundaries of MST3K proper, but I always dug Joel’s summation of the fanbase from the This Is MST3K special:

“We never say ‘Who’s going to get this?” We say ‘The right people will get this.’ ”

10 Likes

“Peter must be walking around denying everyone this morning” - Servo, Jack Frost, as cock crows and crows and

I laughed my head off over this - and it’s such a sharp quip, not something you’d hear in other television comedies. I think that’s what I loved about MST3K, it’s capacity to surprise me, sure, they could do a funny fart joke, but they’d also go off in unexpected, and clever directions.

6 Likes

Might be one of the best ways Dr. Forrester ever introduced a movie:

It has nothing to do with Pods.
It has nothing to do with People.
It has everything to do with hurting.

10 Likes