What is your favorite line of all time?

This is true for a majority of all sequels.

1 Like

This was common wisdom when I was growing up. My son, OTOH, once expressed the opinion that it took a movie or two for a franchise to get off the ground.

I think it’s more like “take any really good movie and compare it at random to any other movie and it will probably not be as good”. Almost by definition true.

1 Like

“Flying Over Trout”.

I don’t know why. It’s such a non sequitur that it makes too much sense.

As I said in BruceLeePullen’s Pod People thread, it ruined the word “trout”. It ruined Angels player Mike Trout.

And as of right now, it’s my favorite line in MST3K. But that could very well change when I remember another one.

2 Likes

BANG!

2 Likes

Want a piece of milk?

2 Likes

Hi, everybody! This is my first posting. I’m very happy to find people who also love my favorite thing in the known universe- Mystery Science Theater 3000! :slight_smile:

There are so many great lines, but the first one that came to mind was “More gray asses!” From “A Case of Spring Fever.” Gets me every time. My father- who was also a young guy in the 40s- had one of the almost-concave behinds so generously showcased in the short. So that adds affection to the silliness.
“Well- that’s it. Spankings all around then.” From “A Date With Your Family.” Dad had a LOT of hidden “responsibilities,” I guess!

5 Likes

The line in Hobgoblins when Mike sings “It’s the eighties! Let’s do a lot of coke and vote for Ronald Reagan!”. It really does encapsulate the whole era.

5 Likes
1 Like