What is your favorite theme song from a MST3K movie?

Ennio Morricone!!! The composer of “The Good, The Bad & The Ugly” - One of the most over-the-top and weird talented spaghetti composers of all time! Exclamation! Points! Aren’t! Enough!

4 Likes

Have you heard this live version?

3 Likes
5 Likes

The end credits theme for “Wharewilf” (with the lyrics provided by Mike and the Bots) is one that gets my toes tappin’ every time

3 Likes

The song I most think of when the subject of Mystery Science surfaces is Forgetting You from Manos. The soulful wistful lament moves me and the chords pass for a regular movie until you remember.

Second to that. Red Zone Cuba’s (1965) Night Train to Mundo Fine I replay. Carradine’s voice is one of a kind. The music is catchy till you recall where it’s from.

Hoyt Axton’s Mitchell is my bronze medalist. The sing song inflection of Hoyt burned in there as a child. I smile whenever I hear.

5 Likes

One that sticks out to me is from The Crawling Hand “The Bird’s the Word” by The Rivingtons

4 Likes

Well, I like the soundtrack to Time Of The Apes (Saru no Gundan) so much that I ordered it from Japan. Enjoy the full version of “The Sandy Frank Anthem”.

But honestly the Morricone themes are the best.

4 Likes

Secret agent BAH BAH super dragon BAH BAH

6 Likes

Everything else is second.

4 Likes

I often laughed during the “master Ninja Theme Song” due to Gypsy’s laughable scat singing. I even tried to scat along, but she just sounds too ridiculous.

3 Likes

There’s only one for me:

3 Likes

Of all the themes, “Hooray for Santy Claus” from Santa Claus Conquers The Martians bubbles up from the recesses of my memory more often than most other songs. Though the eponymous song from Mitchell and “Night Train To Mundo Fine” are not far behind.

4 Likes

The whole score for Danger: Diabolik is an absolute banger, especially “Deep Down.”

And “Forgetting You” from Manos is actually listenable outside of the movie (though the slight off-key of the original recording adds yet another overlay of weirdness to the movie in context) --no small feat, that is.

I’ve nothing to add really–everyone names my favorites already. :slight_smile:

4 Likes

While not an out-and-out theme song like the other movies, the main theme from The Incredibly Strange Creatures Who Stopped Living and Became Mixed-Up Zombies is an arguably beautiful and haunting work.

4 Likes

She is a kitten with a whip and it hurts so goo-ood!

3 Likes

“Drink Night-Train go, to-the bas-ket-ball game, throw-up under the bleachers-”

3 Likes

Operation Double 007, easily.

6 Likes

The instrumental opening is called “Joyride” and it’s my favorite opening theme from my favorite episode! But, truth be told, I love ALL of the Del Aires music from this movie! I actually want the soundtrack from Horror of Party Beach.

5 Likes

My plastic hair is furious! One of my favorite lines from my favorite Mst3k episode. I really believe I could recite this episode verbatim. I’ve probably seen it two dozen times, at least!

5 Likes

For serious, that soundtrack is wholeheartedly, ridiculously solid.

4 Likes