What is your list of least to greatest MST3K episodes for the Netflix era?

What did you not like about “At the Earth’s Core”? I actually really enjoyed it. The blinking bird gods had me dying!

1 Like

I don’t know? It didn’t stick out in my memory, and favorite lists must necessarily push some to the back. I probably should revisit most of Season 12 actually.

2 Likes

I love The Christmas that Almost Wasn’t for all the mint condition European vintage plush toys.

I understand that this may be something of a niche interest. :grin:

3 Likes

Not too many. I only liked a few. Those that come to mind…

• Cry Wilderness
  • Avalanche
  • Mac & Me
2 Likes

Ordering them all would be challenging, but I can easily say my favorite is Lords of the Deep and my least favorite is Atlantic Rim.

Lords is such an earnest effort; I keep expecting someone to bump into a set wall and knock it over (ala Ed Wood). It feels like a school production where everyone is dead serious that tonight’s show is gonna be the best one ever.

Rim is … the opposite of earnest. Everyone’s just detestable. It’s like an afternoon in a high school boys locker room come to life as a movie.

3 Likes

I’m with you 100%. I finally finished the Jonah eps and rewatched a few, and Lords of the Deep is just SO entertaining and has such solid riffing. I’d argue that it’s almost a good movie and almost makes sense up until that last ten minute mark when everything goes bananas. Earnest is such a good word to describe it.

3 Likes

I don’t really have a least favorite (thank god for tequila on the handy), but “Mac And Me” is my partner’s favorite episode, so in order to continue having a partner, I will also say “Mac And Me” is the best of the Netflix era

2 Likes

It’s a bit hard for me to, like, rank my favorite episodes in any sort of order because it does often change, usually based on whichever episode I watched last. (I’m also a bit overdue for a rewatch of the Netflix eps.) The ones I like most are, in no particular order: Reptilicus, Yongary, Lords of the Deep, Starcrash, and Mac and Me.

However, I can say for certain that my least favorite is The Loves of Hercules. It’s the only episode of the Netflix seasons I never finished watching. I’ve never been able to get through any of the other Hercules movies featured on MST3K, and this one was no different.

3 Likes

Will have to rewatch the netflix seasons again over the next couple days. I dont know if I have a least favorite but definitely some favorites. Still been almost a year since I rewatched them even though I have seen each episode a good few times already.

1 Like

Carnival Magic, it just baffles me, what is it even FOR?

1 Like

Big brain moves there! Smart! Haha

What else are you gonna do with a talking chimp? :wink:

1 Like

WHEEL! OF! TALKING! CHIMP!

Everyone loves chimp-based gameshows.

Chimbashows.

3 Likes

A chimp kissing children on the cheek is far less creepy then 70s game show host. So I see the appeal.

1 Like