What is your TALENT?

It has come to my attention that Msties are some of the most talented creative and funny people I’ve ever talked to.
So I would like to know what is your talent, something that your good at?

3 Likes

I can tape all your buns together.
Bored The Breakfast Club GIF

5 Likes

Oh yeah?
I can do this…

4 Likes

I can hear really, really, high pitched noises.

Not a talent so much as a curse really. Hmmm.

3 Likes

I have no talent, or at least that’s what everyone keeps telling me.

1 Like

I plan and serve epic events!

Also, MSTKon dinner

7 Likes

Mine is Video Production! I did all kinds of production on TV-ads in my working days…make video-projects as a hobby now, some on you-tube…do some photo-shop projects, occasionally and did my own MST rif on a movie! Its fun!

5 Likes

Like dogs do, Mint?

1 Like

Yep, pretty much!

1 Like

Music and art, though I don’t do much of either (my old hands have become stiff and slow). I would sometimes take things from an MST3K episode or movie and throw them into the song, just because it made me smile.

This one for example, a home demo titled Magic Things (though it has nothing to do with Trumpy… maybe someone should go to that AI thingy and create a Trumpy song)

BTW, the opening bit, I’ve filtered my voice through ‘Radio One’ - and that clicking sound, two plastic pens tapped on the mic, with heavy reverb. (afterwords I went to normal voice and switched the pens to claves). And the 'single bullet theory" in the lyrics isn’t about JFK, it comes from a Michael Connelly detective novel, which speaks to that one great love, they leave their mark, their bullet, permanently within you.

5 Likes

I can… um… I’m good at… stuff? :person_shrugging:

5 Likes

Doing things wrong and getting it to work. Also, doing things right, and having it not work, against all odds.

2 Likes

Are you the one responsible for all the weird bits of code with a comment “This doesn’t do anything, but nothing works if you remove it”?

2 Likes

I talk to electricity. Electricity talks back.

Also,

…sometime…

…or maybe this…

…seldom…

But my favorite is…

8 Likes

@JakeGittes that was good man. You got a good voice

1 Like

I build guitar-related things.

Effects pedals.

Picks.

Small amps.

15 Likes

I decide who lives and who dies derail conversations with referential jokes.

12 Likes

We need to race sometime!!

1 Like

I play the piano and sing. I’m pretty good at carrying the alto line. :slight_smile: I write as a hobby, both fanfiction and original fiction. I’ve never published anything, though.

I also think I’m a pretty good teacher.

5 Likes

placing CGI sombreros onto Arnold Schwarzenegger (in video form)

fun for the whole family.

5 Likes