What movie is it

I believe it’s the Mike era. In one of the openings they are watching a movie with some kind of aquatic, reptile monster. We’re watching Terror Beneath the Sea, and the monsters are irritatingly familiar.

1 Like

Sounds like it’s Terror Beneath the Sea.

1 Like

I think it’s Revenge of the Creature

2 Likes

It almost looks like the little daemon statue from Doctor Who

4 Likes

The monsters from Terror Beneath the Sea (which is incidentally one of those movies I’ve been begging them, the Mads, and the Rifftrax crew to riff for years) bear a more than passing resemblance to The Creature (of the Black Lagoon) as seen in Revenge of the Creature… but that’s such an instantly recognizable monster, I’m assuming you’re thinking of something else?

Possibly, you’re thinking of the bug-eyed three-headed dragon puppet or Gorgo?

The opening credit monsters from the classic era go(in order): The Crawling Eye, Godzilla, Jan in the Pan, cheesy Dragon puppet, The Creature, Gorgo.

From the front, I suppose they look a little bit like Jet Jaguar, or possibly Zigra.

Though personally, I’ve always thought they look like good ol’ Bok from Doctor Who, the incubus from Penda’s Fen, or a Sleestak that somebody has spray painted silver.

3 Likes

It looks reminiscent of the some of the monsters from the original run of Outer Limits. For example, the aliens in the episode Keeper of the Purple Twilight:

although different, it reminds me of Horror at Party Beach

1 Like

Chap with the wings there, five rounds rapid.

4 Likes

“Chap with wing, there. Five rounds rapid.”

All hail the great Brigadier!

EDIT: Ahh @Greengreatlabcoat beat me to it. :frowning:

5 Likes

I couldn’t help it! it’s my absolute favorite Brig moment! Nicholas Courtney’s dry delivery is so wonderful

4 Likes

Thanks everyone. I’ll watch Gorgo tomorrow. I’ve seen most of the Godzilla movies. Jet Jaguar is in the recalled Godzilla vs Megalon. Zigra appears in a few Gamera movies. I don’t remember if Godzilla fights it. My collection of TOHO Godzilla movies were lost when our cable was canceled. ROKU in the US has many TOHO Godzilla movies on Amazon. I’m slowly buying them. After the first movie of Godzilla and Gamera they became oriented to children. The name Ken is similar to Bubba in the US. It’s short for many names. Anyone interested in Japanese culture or history I have some YouTube channels to recommend. I’ll note which ones have swearing, but none are gory. You should be able to figure out age appropriateness by the video titles.

2 Likes