What Movie or Television Series Do You Not Like and Wish Never Existed

Literally anything “reality” – Kardashians, The Bachelor(ette), Survivor, Storage Wars, Hoarders, et al. Pretty much everything on History, Discovery and HGTV. Just, no.

11 Likes

Any of those one season throwaway shows they make and surprise you like but then gets cancelled without a good ending.

2 Likes

Or like that show where buddy has a magic cape to battle crime or rhe other one where all the power goes out in the world

Everybody Loves Raymond.

EVERYBODY DOES NOT LOVE RAYMOND. EVERYONE ON THAT SHOW HATES EACH OTHER. I HATE THAT SHOW.

deep breath

I’m fine now.

11 Likes

My mom kind of liked it. I think I have an idea why, though.

My mom is incredibly smart. She’s Mycroft Holmes. Brilliant in almost everything except math, computers, and sciences. My father and I were the techies. My name is DataAngel now, but I was Technobrat back then. She liked the show because it reminded her of me and my friends back when I was in high school and college.

So I think that was the true audience for the show: Smart people who were parents of Gen-X kids. Considering it was on CBS, this seems a logical conclusion.

5 Likes

I longed to erase that program from existence. Ray Romano so annoyed me as the lead. His personality and repeating the identical mistakes week in and week out tried my patience. Doris Roberts and Peter Boyle are the in-laws from Hades. Brad Garrett? The brother in-law you never want to run into again. The formula grew tiresome and garish isn’t a strong enough word for it.

3 Likes

(Deep breath.) I hate Star Wars. All of it. I see so much about it that I feel my time is actually being wasted when it shows up in the news, or someone on YouTube is talking about it, or someone quotes it or references it. Even me talking about it feels like a waste of minutes I’ll never get back, so I’ll stop now.

9 Likes

Every reality show.
everyone GIF
most Chuck Lorre sitcoms
Twilight - You’re cool, though, mustache dad.
Fifty Shades
most Tyler Perry movies
most Adam Sandler movies
Twilight Zone - Just for the tragedy on the Landis segment.
Transformers

4 Likes

Sarah. You’re amazing. Not all of us would share that.

2 Likes

The Big Bang Theory. For a long time I did not like the show, but I was trying to understand the appeal and why I did not like it. Thankfully, Pop Culture Detective did a video essay which helped me put the pieces together as to why I did not like it.

The Adorkable Misogyny of The Big Bang Theory:

The Complicity of Geek Masculinity on the Big Bang Theory:

4 Likes

I can understand this. Star Wars is nice when you’re sipping it gently through a straw, but that straw is now a firehose that threatens to choke us to death.

8 Likes

I have a fondness, because it was a big deal when I was growing up. I remember getting to stay up late as a kid to watch episode 4 the first time. I can enjoy that stuff just fine as long as Anakin’s not around. But if there weren’t 7 more movies in the pipe, that’d be OK with me too. It’s starting to feel like an obligation. And given how frothy some folks seem to get about it, I can see how you could be put off.

7 Likes

A-Freakin-Men brother.

2 Likes

Exactly why I prefer Community.

5 Likes

This is how I feel about the Harry Potter series. :smiley: Finding out what a truly horrible person its author is became just the capper to something I already found wearisome, overexposed, and completely uninteresting. I can barely even get through the RT’ed clips of it.

4 Likes

Was Star Wars ever really niche? Pretty much every movie has made huge profits. Even the awful prequels.

3 Likes

Borat (2006). A pal dragged me to this and it pretty much killed the friendship. A X-Rated TV’s Bloopers and Practical Jokes. Strange scene after strange scene and I failed to laugh once.

2 Likes

I definitely agree, Star Wars was never niche. Not sure where that suggestion came from. It was a juggernaut right out of the gate.

3 Likes

Preceding that Fox wasn’t sure. 20th sweetened the deal to theaters so they actually screened it. Star Wars (1977) was believed to be Box Office Poison until it ignited and Fox frantically raised the number of screens across the country over Memorial Day Weekend 1977.

3 Likes

I have to agree with a lot of people here and say Teen Titans Go! I’ve disliked every episode I tried to watch and nearly every clip I’ve seen of the TV show. AND I’ve had to endure the disappointment of checking what’s on Cartoon Network only to find that Teen Titans Go! is on seemingly ALL THE DAMN TIME. I think my feelings about it officially went into “I wish you didn’t exist” once it took up so many time slots. It was one of the reasons I stopped tuning into Cartoon Network so much.

In terms of movies, I know I wouldn’t mind some of the more annoying Adam Sandler comedies suddenly gone from this plane of existence. (Jack and Jill and the one where they’re in Africa especially come to mind.)

1 Like