What Movie or Television Series Do You Wish Exists

I know there have been a few fan films, but Elfquest still needs either an animated series, or live action; I don’t care !

Ayooooooah!!

3 Likes

Who would have thought after all these years it would actually materialize? History of the World Part II? For real? This trailer remains hard to believe. But here it is.

2 Likes

A few I want to see, in order of realistic shots:

1. Night Circus. Outstanding book that would work with a decent budget. They were supposedly going to make it before the pandemic hit, but silence since.

2. Robert Asprin’s Myth Adventures and Phule’s Company series. Sit-coms aren’t working well now, but what about fantasy or Sci-Fi comedies? Phule’s Company could probably be updated to modern attitudes better, but both could be good.

3. Rick Cook’s Wizard’s Bane series. Probably too niche, but a series about a programmer ripped out of Silicon Valley to a magic world who learns how to program magic is something I want to see.

4 Likes

I’d like to see that Jim Henson’s The Storyteller reboot/revival actually get off the ground.

3 Likes

Does Mel Brooks play God in this movie? He’s about the right age for it.

4 Likes

He could play the 2000-year-old-man without any makeup at this point.

4 Likes

Quentin Tarantino’s Kill Bill Vol. 3, Martin Scorsese’s Sinatra, John Carpenter’s Firestarter, Nicholas Meyer’s Star Trek III, Leonard Nimoy’s Star Trek V, Mystery Science Theater 3000: The Movie Part 2, The Robert Englund Nightmare on Elm Street they keep teasing, Steven Spielberg’s Bond Movie, Andrew Davis and Michael Mann making another film, Alfred Hitchcock’s Kaleldoscope, Steven Spielberg’s Harvey, Joel and Ethan Coen’s Old Fink, Orson Welles’ Heart of Darkness.

1 Like

I wish they hadn’t made History of the World Part II. It ruins the joke at the end of the movie.

3 Likes

This?

2 Likes

Yes.

2 Likes

Oh, how I love Myth Adventures !

Anything by Phil Foglio is just awesome !

3 Likes

Do you read Girl Genius?

Now there would be a great idea for an animated show.

3 Likes

Dragon Riders of Pern, anyone?

I mean, they can do dragons pretty good now.

“Black, blacker, blackest…”

5 Likes

A Pern series would be great, but they’d have to make sure to do one book per season and always end the season with closure. A show with CGI dragons is going to be prime cancel-bait unless it puts up GoT-level numbers.

4 Likes

Someone else who read Robert Asprin’s stories! Jumps with happy joy!

I would LOVE to see someone make those books into a series. Can you imagine what they would do with Deva? or Limbo?

5 Likes

I read all of them decades ago but I remember almost nothing about them. I do remember enjoying them though. I binged them, which is probably why I don’t remember much.

2 Likes

I’d take an Everything Everywhere All at Once series that follows Michelle Yeoh and Ke Huy Quan through all the various parallel universes, please and thank you.

2 Likes

I liked the Thieves’ World anthologies, which weren’t all written by Asprin but were edited by him.

I also read Another Fine Myth which was pretty good IIRC.

3 Likes

Yes, his art has only gotten better over the years, I have yet to read it, but I have the site bookmarked…

1 Like

The Xanth novels might make a good anime.

2 Likes