What movies after 2010 are most riffable?

I loved watching ‘Harry Potter’ and ‘Twilight’ with the riffs. I probably wouldn’t have sat through them otherwise. The same actually goes for the new ‘Star Wars’ stuff. They were a little mainstream, but the riffs came out unbelievably good for them.

After 2010,
‘Willy’s Wonderland’ comes to mind, starring Nicolas Cage. I’d like to see it riffed.
It’s a horror movie for the younger crowd, and takes place in a fake chuckee cheese.
He’s done a lot of riffable stuff, lately. I’d also like to see ‘Pig’ roasted.

‘Hell House LLC’ trilogy might use a riff, too.

‘Creep’ with Mark Duplass?

‘The Pyramid,’ or ‘As Above, So Below?’

5 Likes

Oh man. This is gonna be interesting. Okay… So…

I mean Fast and Fruious movies made within that timeframe seem perfect.

Every Batman, Superman, and Justice League movie made in the timeframe.

Most heist movies, up to but particularly including Triple Frontier and (I think it was called) 6 Underground.

I’m sure there are more, but yeah this is a good start.

6 Likes

Drive Angry would get a vote from me.

3 Likes

Start with anything shot on a cellphone and assembled in Final Cut Pro by someone who claims Darren Aronofsky as their biggest influence.

8 Likes

Battleship

6 Likes

You beat me to Batteship.

Also, Green Lantern, and Battle: Los Angeles. I almost recommended the Asylum rip off of the latter, Battle of Los Angeles, but Battle: Los Angeles is terrible enough on its own, and wasn’t even trying to be cheesy.

3 Likes

Army of the Dead

I walked out of this one, and I was streaming it at home at the time.

5 Likes

it was probably that song “Funeral Remix” by Band of Horses but i walked away enjoying that one. it’s taken me years to qualify it for bad movie riffability. it’s one i sure won’t watch again to find out why i liked it, it was probably that song and Rihanna’s performance… Rihanna the actor… lol

1 Like

that’s so funny. i was literally thinking Heist movies, i’ve been watching a binge-worthy number of them recently. ‘Inherent Vice’ with Juaquin Phoenix. that one could get riffed. good point.

i don’t think comic book movies need riffing, that’s me though. it’s kind of too many layers to add to those genres for my taste. there’s a lot of them that meet the cheese-o-meter though. personally? ‘Black Panther.’ (unpopular opinion of the day)

1 Like

hilarious
hey, don’t you actually mean what i said, ‘Hell House LLC’?
that sounds exactly like the stereotype or archetype i’d think of the director of ‘Hell House LLC’ as. “I’m influenced by Aronofsky”:: goes onto direct found footage movies.

I’ll bring up all that ‘Conjuring’ stuff, too. because it’s clearly camp-material.
and the newer M Night Shyamalan stuff.

1 Like

I riffed Aquaman quite heavily when I watched it at home with my wife. The sparse dialogue lends to the watching a MILLION places for fish-based-puns to absolutely FLOOD in!

5 Likes

I enjoyed this movie simply for the fact that (spoiler alert) literally everyone just fails miserably and ends up dead.

2 Likes

Dangit. That was funny. Actually laughed out loud.

1 Like

The Hallmark Murder 101 movies don’t quite get in under the wire. They’re from 2006-08. Also I love them, but I’d still watch the riffed versions because of course no one does hokey like Hallmark.

3 Likes

The Lone Ranger was just a mess of a film. BUT it’s Disney, so the likelihood of that getting riffed professionally by anyone is… low.

And then there’s Jem & The Holograms.

5 Likes

I second this one!

3 Likes

The Found Footage Festival on YouTube did do one episode of the cartoon. It’s not exactly like MST3K because they’ll stop the program to emphasize or mull over particular bits of silliness which appeal to them. But it’s fun once you get used to that.

3 Likes

Hallmark Christmas movies are very riffable, too! That series of Hallmark mystery movies featuring Aunt Becky from Full House is especially riffable now considering, well, you know…

5 Likes

I am not at all versed in things relating to the House Of Fullness. Is it worth researching further? :thinking:

2 Likes

Aunt Becky = Lori Loughlin, who went to jail over the college cheating scandal.

3 Likes