What movies after 2010 are most riffable?

Oh, thanks. I’d forgotten all about it. Used to have kind of a thing for William H. Macy. Nothing like a good scandal to kill a harmless crush deader than dead. :confused:

2 Likes

Knives Out springs to mind first, it’s SO densely packed, there’s so many jokes to make.
Any Fast and Furious movie, but I’d say 5, 6, or 7, or all three.
Governor Gabbi is an incomprehensible mess in a way MST3k would have fun with.
Anastasia: Once Upon a Time, which is a genuinely offensive movie, straight-up-trash, but great for riffing.

1 Like

The “Paranormal Activity” movies. They could easily voice over the ghost while its slamming doors and other spooky things.

2 Likes

Bohemian Rhapsody for making a 2 hour Drunk History movie disguised as Oscar bait.

3 Likes

House of Gucci sounds very much like it could be…

4 Likes

Most overrated actor alive. I’m skipping it for him alone.

1 Like

Yeah, I suppose The Lone Ranger was a mess of a film, but I still enjoyed it though. Definitely riffable none-the-less.

1 Like

Stardust. NOT the Matthew Vaughn film based on the Neil Gaiman book, but the 2020 biopic of David Bowie, which completely failed to come up with an interesting story despite being set at a hugely eventful time in his life, and was forced to write around not actually having the rights to use any of his songs (which they lied about having when the film was first announced, which Duncan Jones was quick to call them out on).

2 Likes

Blade of the Immortal is definitely a riffable movie.

1 Like

James Bond IS Louis XIV WITH a mermaid

2 Likes

But, just how riffable is the movie 2010, to begin with?

2 Likes

Bye Bye Man and Slenderman. Both are just…really, really bad horror movies.

1 Like

Speaking of bad horror movies, The Empty Man is very long but very riff worthy.

1 Like

Speaking of bad and also boring.

1 Like

SECONDED. A trainwreck of a movie. Great ability dribbled away into a waste of time. A prime riffing candidate. On the soundtrack alone, one could have a field day. A poorly executed Wolf of Wall Street (2013).

Eminently riffable, definitely, but I’ll give Verbinski credit for that final set-piece set to Zimmer’s “Finale” — an expanded “William Tell Overture.”

3 Likes

The Slenderman movie. God, the Slenderman movie. There are ways they could have done a Slenderman movie, and this…this was not it.

Also on the topic of horror movies, Bye Bye Man comes to mind in particular, along with Friend Request. None of these I could actually see being riffed, not least of all because of the younger audience watching MST3K, but these three just especially come to mind. I wouldn’t be surprised if RiffTrax goes for 'em though.

1 Like
3 Likes

Wasn’t this recently riffed by Rifftrax?

2 Likes

Yup! It’s an instant classic

1 Like