What other tribute specials will we get?

I guess Pod People and Mitchell at least.

4 Likes

I kinda hope something a little less popular but still loved. Like “Overdrawn at the Memory Bank,” or “Time of the Apes.”

12 Likes

I think one of the Gamera episodes must be highly likely.

5 Likes

We need at least one Sandy Frank film acknowledged

4 Likes

Along those lines, I’d love to see a spy episode like Operation Double 007 or Danger!! Death Ray get the nod.

10 Likes

If you look at the scheduling block, they have four events lined up four days in a row in December with the last being the premiere of The Christmas Dragon.

It’s pretty apparent to me that week will be Santa Claus Conquers the Martians, Santa Claus, and The Christmas That Almost Wasn’t.

8 Likes

With regards to what we’ll actually get?

In terms of importance, maybe Eegah.

Or if we’re going with something a bit more recent, possibly Deathstalker and the Warriors from Hell, since they could conceivably get somebody from that as a special guest.

4 Likes

The next event is in July, when Gamera vs Jiger debuts, so maybe a giants or giant creature’s month tie-in for the vault picks and the event?

That would give us, what, episodes from Bert I maybe, Gila Monster, Gorgo, some more Gamera’s, Prince of Space has a giant in it

3 Likes

Don’t forget War of the Colossal Beast.

4 Likes

Yup, that goes under “Bert I”, but I was thinking that would be a good one for a tribute. It would be something a little off the beaten path, like Future War.

4 Likes

Hamlet, with all the original German actors would be ginchy.

4 Likes

Gotta do Eegah.

2 Likes

Hoping for City Limits one, mainly because I think Rae Dawn Chong would make for an interesting guest.

3 Likes

How about I Accuse My Parents? We should have a “teens gone wrong” movie and that’s easy to get…or Violent Years for the “Turn your crank to Frank” bit.

4 Likes

I feel like Space Mutiny is probably guaranteed.

5 Likes

We had a fan stream of that one, but Blast Hardcheese is iconic.

3 Likes

For December, A Santa Claus tribute would not be out of place.

A Mitchell Tribute would also be topical if paired with the return of Joel to the experiments.

1 Like

A Tribute to Liza!

Oh wait, something MST3K-related. Sorry.

He’s the cause of all our pain

I’d love to see The Giant Spider Invasion given its proper due. :spider:

3 Likes