What riffed movie deserves a remake?

Operation Double 007 starring Neil Craig, Daniel Craig’s less well known brother.

4 Likes

Why… the movie practically writes itself! :slight_smile:

I dunno - I’d love to see either “Werewolf” or “Moon Zero Two” get some solid remakes. I just read that Disney+ is thinking of adapting Marvel’s “Werewolf By Night” comic for a Halloween special, so maybe that will satisfy my craving. giphy (2)

1 Like

“The Horrors of Spider Island” Directed by Sam Raimi

2 Likes

I think This Island Earth could a great reboot. Cal would be played by Harrison Ford.

1 Like

They’re all the movie they ought to be already.

As opposed to Joe Don, who has a very special set of jowls.

1 Like

Has no one mentioned the Clonus remake yet? =P

4 Likes

OK. That would be a must-watch.

1 Like

Fugitive Alien… animated by Miyazaki.

1 Like

I’ve got several potential remakes from the MST3K vaults. If I had to pick one, I’d go with Prince of Space. I’d hire Shaina West for the newly gender-flipped lead role. I would hire Ironhead Studios for the costumes. I’d bring on a stunt team and director that knows how to film the action. Think John Wick. And I would definitely revamp the villains from the ground up.

1 Like

you’d either have to change the title or make it an extremely silly big-budget parody, but Horror of Party Beach gets my vote. either going in a more serious direction with it or making it a pastiche of monster movies from decades past would result in something very fun and unique.

If budget is no problem, I think the two Rocky Jones movies would be great. Space Pirates! Two moons orbiting each other rocketing through space! Shooting Bobby out an airlock! Space epic, here we come.

With a more limited budget, The Gunslinger. A wife taking over as Marshall after her husband is killed and falling in love with the assassin hired to kill her by the local brothel madam sounds like a good western to me.

The Undead could be kind of like The Prophesy mixed with a little medieval time travel. Witches, souls, the devil (again played by Viggo Mortensen), sacrifice - it could be good.

4 Likes

I don’t know why it didn’t occur to me before, but I’ve always wanted to see Michelle Rodriguez as Commander Cody in a Radar Men from the Moon remake.

1 Like

I’m constantly disappointed whenever I turn it on and it ISN’T a beach musical a la Frankie and Annette! Take that – and add some ‘Little Shop of Horrors’ – and you’ve got, well, not a hit, but something that the Alamo Drafthouse would put into regular circulation.

But I’ve always said that if I made a movie it would be an ‘Alien From L.A.’ remake. Neon beachwear! Atomic-age drive-ins! Sunken caverns filled with… things to be mined! A matte painting of a city straight out of Bladerunner! Weird fashion! Think what one could do with all of this fertile eye candy if one added a plot and actual light to see any of it! I could finally answer the question of why the miner seems like her love interest for 3/4 of the movie before an extra steps out of the shadows and takes over! The mind reels!

2 Likes

Mitchell. But only if some of the riffs could be utilized for actual dialogue. This would bring me joy.

1 Like

If we hold out just long enough, Warner Bros might just give us a monsterverse Gamera. Even though it likely wouldn’t be a strict remake of the films riffed, it’d it happen without us needing to do anything at all. If that still counts towards the premise.

I stand by my pick from another thread:

1 Like

Well, The Island WAS kind of a remake of Parts, or at least that’s what the courts said.

2 Likes

Sampo/The Day the Earth Froze, Sampo/Magic Voyage of Sinbad, and Ilya Muromets/Sword and the Dragon could provide really cool remakes.

2 Likes