What’s a good episode * to celebrate a birthday with?

• yes, they’re pretty much all good. And let’s exclude I Blame The Folks, because it’s the only one that does have some birthday activity going on (that I know of).
7 Likes

Mac & Me has the birthday party at McDonald’s. That might be a natural choice, no?

15 Likes

Proof that I was going to miss another epi or two or three or four that had hot birthday action. Good call!

6 Likes

There may be other birthday-centric episodes, but the only ones that come to mind right now are Space Mutiny with all the Sherri’s birthday card riffs and the second half of Merlin’s Shop of Mystical Wonders with the kid’s birthday party.

11 Likes

Well, you’ve ruled out the best option already! Hmm, I’m pretty sure our hero (?) goes to girl-with-a-pool’s birthday party in Laserblast, and in El Santo vs. the Vampire Women the lady who must be kept repressed and away from those women with crazy ideas of being independent the vampires are after to be their new queen is about to have a birthday, if I remember correctly. And what says birthday better than a man wearing nothing but tiny pants and a mask?

10 Likes

Other ideas:

-The Land That Time Forgot opens with GPC’s birthday celebration.

-Laserblast has that birthday party with all the sheet cake. (EDIT: what the esteemed @Dr_Phantom said)

-The bracelet in Earth Vs. the Spider was a birthday gift.

-This may be something of a stretch for the premise, but in a bit of symmetry, the first thing that Servo says in Rocketship X-M is “Happy birthday!”, which is also the first thing he says when Joel changes his voice back to factory settings in Demon Squad.

9 Likes

I knew that was in some episode, but felt way too lazy to track it down. :stuck_out_tongue:

5 Likes

Did you sign Sheri’s card?

12 Likes

Kind of obvious, but it’s pretty much joked that the entirety of I Accuse My Parents is the main character’s birthday.

11 Likes

The Clonus Horror. So it’s a cake to celebrate going to “America”. Just hold your blink for a few seconds and enjoy!

5 Likes

They sing “Happy Birthday” (somewhat grimly, of course) in Squirm just before the tree falls on the house. There are probably other episodes with that, too. I’m just not thinking of them right now.

6 Likes

TODAY!

6 Likes

IIRC that was an engagement party.

2 Likes

This is my traditional Happy Birthday to Me ep… even though no one ever coughs up the $20 to take out my best girl.

8 Likes

I got Beyond Atlantis for my birthday, so that’s my new go-to. Plus, pearls!

8 Likes

I Accuse My Parents is also the episode I put on every birthday! It just means so much to me.

6 Likes

I guess I should put I Accuse My Parents on when I get home…

5 Likes

HBD, Labcoat!

3 Likes

Thank you!!

2 Likes

This post is good for 1 (one) birthday greeting.

Greeting dispensed.

1 Like