What’s the worst looking creature featured in an episode of MST3K?

Watching T̶h̶e̶ ̶P̶a̶t̶h̶e̶t̶i̶c̶ ̶C̶a̶r̶p̶e̶t̶ ̶M̶o̶n̶s̶t̶e̶r̶The Creeping Terror and wondering if this is the absolute worst looking creature on MST3K ever or does another monster take the crown?

14 Likes

Killer Shrews, if only because there’s obviously a dog in the costume and the silly polka dots.

16 Likes

Ask Dall-E.

4 Likes

I need clarity here.

Worst as in ugliest, or worst as in cheapest/crappiest/least convincing?

(The best monster on both counts is The Creature from 801)

10 Likes

Yeah if we’re going for “least convincing” they get my vote as well.

4 Likes

It’s gotta be the Hobgoblins

At least the others move around, the Hobgoblins are just… sitting there in every shot

15 Likes

Runner up: the bat-dog hand puppet from Werewolf

13 Likes

I can’t disagree with the terror that creeps, but the space pickle that didn’t conquer the world has to be in the mix.

19 Likes

At least it looks cool. Almost like a Super Sentai baddie

6 Likes

Kinda looks like an enemy you’d see in an old Saturday morning cartoon.

5 Likes

Oh wait…WORST!
(I’m actually just looking for more excuses to post this photo of Caroline Munro)

9 Likes

A furry dune buggy with Tupperware eyes ought to be a contender.

16 Likes

Yeah, first thing that came to mind was our favorite carpet monster from The Creeping Terror.

I guess the real battle is for second place, huh?

From a philosophical standpoint, you’d have to consider the movie Werewolf, since it can’t even keep its creature design consistent. We see a number of different character effects for the werewolf WITHIN THE SAME SCENE, with none of them being very good.

But my REAL answer here would have to be…

horror

The Horror of Party Beach beach horrors that party. How am I supposed to be scared of something that has pickles in its mouth, big ol’ googly eyes, and a Groucho Marx posture?

19 Likes

Um . . . Hello? . . . Did somebody call me? . . . Hello?

16 Likes

Yes.

Why Dont We Have Both GIF

If I had to pick: least convincing.

6 Likes

Yeah: in my head it’s really who is worse: laughable space pickle or buggy carpet guy, but you can imagine a ginormous version of the pickle would be properly terrifying - and what it does IS monstrous.

4 Likes

Agreed, although I’d imagine Godzilla would like a word.

5 Likes

Yeah, I think it goes creeping carpet terror first, space pickle second.

7 Likes

So far as I know, no other MST3k monster has, uh… adult novelties festooning its head. So Creeping Snufalufagus still wins, until that changes. Which hopefully it never will. :crossed_fingers:

Paul the pretend Werewolf is pretty ridiculous looking. I mean, pick a genus and stick to it, pal. So… Second Place by several miles.

[ETA- The The Eye Creatures - 3rd Place.

Honorable Mentions - Too many to list.]

3 Likes

Mind you, if you just want the worst creature…

15 Likes