What’s the worst looking creature featured in an episode of MST3K?

That’s right! Kind of resembles a stout Pee-Wee bustin’ broncs at the jamboree on his big adventure. Tom Mix or something.

Worst creature overall? Mxtchxll. Gross.

3 Likes

It’s lame, I agree - but at least some effort was made. But that lobster silhouette in Teenagers From Outer Space is even weaker, for my money.

7 Likes

Timmy does have those classic Crow features going for him. And with ten times the evil!

8 Likes

I would like to slide into the convo to defend the Creeping Terror. Is he silly looking? Yes. Is he slow? Like molases he is.

But cut the guy some slack. He’s really trying guys. Traveled light years to terrorize Earth with those limitations is no easy task! He did what no Creeping Terror accomplished before or since and he deserves to be applauded.

There he was on a strange new world of inconsistent narration trying to do the only thing he knew how to do: creep terrifyingly. He gave it his best and sometimes that is enough.

7 Likes

The Gil Man.

13 Likes

Just PLEASE don’t let her sing anymore. :hear_no_evil:

1 Like

Donald Fagen???

Wow, that’s kind of surreal. Chip Studly is the man in the rubber mask!

Shoot for the stars, baby!

2 Likes

According to Wikipedia for the underwater scenes the Gill Man was Ricou Browning, who also cocreated Flipper (:dolphin:!) and directed the underwater scenes in Thunderball :diving_mask:

(Thank you Svengoolie)

6 Likes

PACKERS!! WOOOO!!!

2 Likes

I’m pretty sure that tongue got second billing.

1 Like

Joe Don Baker is the Ugliest American.

4 Likes

Still noodling about worst as in cheapest, but I find the aliens in Mac and Me (1201) utterly repellent and deeply discomfiting. It’s the weird details: the pot bellies, the wrinkles, the liver spots, the butts, the bug eyes, the mouths.

OK, it’s not the details: it’s everything. :scream:

12 Likes

Fun Fact: Rick Baker gave him and fellow B-movie monsters a makeover in Men in Black III.

For real. I would to see his take on the Robot Monster. That design alone is gangbusters.

7 Likes

I was gonna put down the mutant from Terror From The Year 5000 as the worst. Then I was reminded of Munchie, Joe Don Baker, Arch Hall Jr., and the aliens from Mac & Me. Compared to all that, she’s Beverly Garland.

7 Likes

As a wise man once said, “Cocaine is one hell of a drug.” ( Just ask whoever created the original Coke™ formula.)

5 Likes

I nominate the de-mummified being from another planet in Being from Another Planet.

An off-the-rack rubber alien mask and a black turtleneck.

9 Likes

Could be totally off the mark here, but maybe they were trying out for Blue Man Group.

Having to take Douglas to the emergency room first probably caused them to run late. I hope they made their audition.

4 Likes

Hey! It’s me!

5 Likes

Before I looked at the contents of this thread, 3 words popped into my head - “The Creeping Terror”. I had to laugh when I saw that was the first item listed. That counts as my vote.

9 Likes

Peterson, from Reptilicus

3 Likes