What’s your favourite “stupid” riff?

I’m sure we’ve all had that moment where we’ve been caught off-guard and ended up laughing for a disproportionately long time at one of the more stupid riffs in the show.

For me, it’s been the couple of instances in the latest season involving Vampires, where they’ll just go “BLEH!”. I don’t know why, but it’s so stupid that on both occasions they’ve done this joke, I had to rewatch the minute or so following the comment because it was drowned out by my giggling.

What are your favourite stupid riffs that you’ve almost felt silly for finding so funny?

10 Likes

Soultaker

The other side of the mountain…of crap!

4 Likes

“Secret Agent Super Booger”

6 Likes

Literally any fart joke.

I am almost 50 years old :shushing_face:

5 Likes

Those Final Justice ones especially when Mike has that “Stop it, Carl!” toll bridge gag.

5 Likes

“BLEH!” is way up there for me too, but I also LOVE it when they do the “opera singer” whenever somebody has there mouth way open for a second or more. They’ve done this a few times in recent seasons. Thinking I saw this recently in Reptilicus.

10 Likes

Any time a movie says “penetrate” and Joel or one of the bots doesn’t even have to actually make a joke, if they just give an awkward “um, ah, yeah…” or otherwise show they’re uncomfortable with the word, it makes me snort. To the point where even out of the context of MST if I hear that word I want to giggle. Because I’m a very mature adult :stuck_out_tongue_closed_eyes:

10 Likes

Same with “Eliminate” or “Evacuate” in the movie dialogue and them invariably following either with a hearty, “Ewwww…!!”

9 Likes

Ooh, another one from Batwoman. She’s pulling out of her driveway while jazzy cymbals play in the background and one of the bots says “I do not like the sound of that transmission.”

I don’t know why that made me crack up so much. It’s such a dad type of dumb joke :joy:

9 Likes

There’s a dumb joke in The Sinister Urge where a car is ascending a steep driveway and the guys make groaning sounds as the car struggles it’s way up. Makes me laugh every time.

The other one I laugh at is a pretty stupid throwaway line from Manhunt in Space where the planet Casa 7 is onscreen and Crow says “it’s a crunchberry!”

8 Likes

Oh, I don’t know.

Anytime a character in an experiment looks slackjawedly into the camera with a dull expression and somebody riffs “Durrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrhhhhhh?”

Not Pulitzer Prize material, but it’s still amusing.

And of course the classic “large face appears to overwhelm the screen”: “Ahhhhh!!!”

9 Likes

True story – the first time I saw/heard this riff, I actually laughed so hard I fell out of my chair. It still cracks me up every time.

17 Likes

Barf sounds.

5 Likes

Here’s one. It’s so understated, too. Mike just says, “Okay.”

GIF mst3k - animated GIF on GIFER

10 Likes

Bob Johnson

8 Likes

I’m with @CLANG_Potroast on the “elimination”/“evacuation” jokes. So dumb. I laugh every time.

Also, recently, in Wild Rebels, I laughed too hard every time they cut to Rod (?) climbing up the lighthouse stairs and Crow was gasping for air.

5 Likes

Along the same lines…

“Ok, if you insist. WILDERNESS!!!”

14 Likes

Does the crunching noises in the “building the interociter” scene count?

5 Likes

Definitely.

3 Likes

Quest of the Delta Knights:

Ew! Wizard Wizz!

And:

Moo!

4 Likes