What song do you have stuck in your head right now?

“Crow to the left of me, Servo to the right
Here I am, stuck in the middle with Joel”

This Stealer’s Wheel track doesn’t need an introduction as it’s one of the most well known songs from a Scottish band.

8 Likes

Los Pericos

3 Likes

Good call—Aswad’s “Invisible Sun” is the only one from that I’ve heard before.

2 Likes

Simple Minds - She’s a River. The band were originally known as “Johnny and the Self-Abusers”. Can’t imagine why they didn’t stick with that.

5 Likes
2 Likes

I just discovered that The Hives released 2 songs in 2019, so I’ve been listening to them all morn.

1 Like

Skate a little lower.

Sure looks good.

No, I can’t explain it, but these mofos keep invading my earholes. And, no, I do not like the melodica/synth parts. The Rhodes outro solo is killer, though, IMHO.

5 Likes

The Cuervo Gold… the fine Colombian…

3 Likes

Make tonight a wonderful thing

3 Likes

I boomerang back to this as among Al’s very best.

1 Like

Instrumentals speak to me. And this won’t leave.

5 Likes

Be sure to stay for the outro. Or, if you prefer the original version…

Yes, that is Eric Idle voicing Wreck-Gar.

5 Likes

Super Mario Bros Theme with words in Japanese.

3 Likes
2 Likes

ABBand - Pearls in Her Hair (Omega cover)

2 Likes
4 Likes

Cool. I’ve heard that track mixed in on Cut Copy’s So Cosmic mix (I think) but I didn’t know the individual track. :+1:

Today it’s IMO Scotland’s greatest musical export, the Cocteau Twins with Pandora (For Cindy). The Cocteaus would combine lush and ethereal soundscapes with Liz Fraser’s hauntingly beautiful -and often unintelligible- vocals to create something uniquely dreamlike.

5 Likes

A friend gave me a cassette mix of their stuff in the mid-'80s - I’m not sure how much of their music was even available at the time in the US other than as an import. I had never heard anything so otherworldly.

3 Likes

I see your Super Mario Bros theme, in Japanese, and raise you one Country Roads, in Japanese.

4 Likes

And I’ll raise you a pop song in japanglish.

4 Likes