What song do you have stuck in your head right now?

3 Likes

Ever since Walker Hayes drowned out the analysis during the CBS halftime show, “Fancy Like” (aka The Applebee’s Song) has been in my head. Instead of linking to the video for the song, I’ll link to Todd In The Shadows’ critique of “Fancy Like” instead.

2 Likes
5 Likes

Not particularly this performance, which I haven’t heard, but the tune itself.

It’s an earworm!

One of the wormiest!

3 Likes

Thanks to some friends playing it several times this weekend, this:

5 Likes

Reminder: Sammy still sounds like this at 74 years of age.

3 Likes

LOL OMG That’s brilliant.
Totally OT, but relevant to the video:
I grew up in Coastal Southern California and lived in a very mixed neighborhood.
We had a variety of multigenerational families, of all nationalities, my Italio/American one included.
I grew up hearing Spanglish, Italyish, and every variety of Asiamerican, so I could understand most of this, without the captions.
I also grew up reading my Italian Grandmother’s grocery lists, consisting of things like Att Daggs, and Caro Chis. (Hot Dogs, and Cottage Cheese, for the non Italio/Americans in the thread.), so reading the captions kind of brought back fuzzy warm memories.

Now, for the Video Tax.
I see your Japanglish pop song, and bring you this Italian Train Wreck of a tune, from Italian 70s Pop Sensations Oliver Onions.
And, yeah, unfortunately due to watching “Watch out, We’re Mad” (1974, Terrence Hill and Bud Spencer), this is stuck in my head.
Also, even with my elite Italyish translation skills, this was such a word salad, that I had to listen to it more than once, to get a vague idea of what they were saying.

2 Likes

Today it’s Pink Sabbath from hyperactive Glaswegians Dananananaykroyd.

3 Likes

Today it’s Dundee’s finest, Average White Band with Put It Where You Want It. Apparently they have a tribute act called The Above Average Weight Band. :grin:

2 Likes

Walk the Moon - Shut Up and Dance with Me

4 Likes

I’m not even a huge fan of Ghost, but this song just works. One of the catchiest metal tunes in ages.

4 Likes

Metal isn’t supposed to be catchy or make you happy like a bouncy, upbeat song. You’re supposed to brood or stomp, stomp, stomp your angries out.

3 Likes

Hm, I think Metal, like any good art, can span the whole range of human experience. I listen to most styles of it (can’t get into Funeral Doom,) but I’m pretty sure I can find a metal song for any mood. I’ve been listening to a lot of Sleep Token lately, and they’re big on pleading, tortured love songs, wrapped in a mix metal and electronics, and sung by someone who thinks they’re doing pop/r&b.

And they dress like demon cultists, for extra fun and confusion.

3 Likes

It’s death metal or nothing! :metal:

6 Likes

Gotta admit, Death Metal rules (and Japanese Metal bands have been killing it lately. ) you should stop by The Majestic Music Appreciation Thread . We talk about all music and it’d be cool to have someone else who appreciates extreme metal there! :metal:

2 Likes
3 Likes

Keneally rules. When you get to play with both Frank Zappa and Devin Townsend you know you’re good.

3 Likes

My kids have been playing the Encanto soundtrack nonstop for like 2 weeks. They are good songs though!

2 Likes

Today it’s Welcome to Jamrock on a loop in my head

2 Likes

Orange Juice - Rip it Up and Start Again

3 Likes