What song do you have stuck in your head right now?

It’s one of those songs that can quickly turn earworm if you aren’t careful. Man Steve Martin is a genius

1 Like

Lion’s rendition of the Transformers theme song for the movie is just too good.

3 Likes
1 Like
4 Likes

(Note that this isn’t a passive aggressive stab at any real life person. I was listening to Join Us yesterday and it just never left my brain-space.)

5 Likes
11 Likes
7 Likes

YES! I was a Phineas and Ferb kid!!

1 Like
2 Likes

I listened to this earlier today, and it’s been stuck in my head ever since.

4 Likes

More, uh… surgary, or one-dimensional variations of this song were in lots of children’s productions when I was small. Such a surprise that the social(ist) commentary elements (“And they hung the jerk that invented work…”) were not made clear to me until I was an adult.

3 Likes

Ever since I re-watched Monster a go go, I can’t get Crow’s song out of my head?

Dum de hee hee… hoa hoa…

sigh

6 Likes

And then there’s the verse of “This Land Is Your Land” that somehow never made it into the school singalong books:

There was a big high wall there that tried to stop me.
The sign was painted, said ‘Private Property.’
But on the backside, it didn’t say nothing.
This land was made for you and me.

4 Likes

Then there’s this horrifying take:

1 Like

Listened to both halves of Apple Venus last weekend and haven’t been able to get this out of my head since.

2 Likes

Sort of like how they tidied up Grimm and Anderson for us when we were little. I was no longer a kid when I learned that originally Cinderella’s stepsisters were forced to cut off their toes to try and fit the glass slipper.

2 Likes
4 Likes

Great. Thanks a pantload, Chet.

3 Likes

Fondly remember this blue-eyed soul ditty from when I was eight or nine. Didn’t know until I read The Cat’s notes just now that it’s Elton John backing up Sedaka. The latter may look a lot like Lovitz’s Critic in some of those stills, but he could pen and sing a catchy and memorable song, by damn! (And the obligatory weaving in and out of that Seventies flute is everything. :heart_eyes: )

4 Likes

Sexy Robot by Hitomi “Penny” Tohyama

I like to imagine it being the soundtrack to a Tom Servo fan cam

3 Likes