What song do you have stuck in your head right now?

3 Likes

This is stuck in my head due to a Chad & Jeremy reference during Danger: Death Ray:

This song was playing on a laundry detergent commercial in the summer of 2003 when my brother told me the news report just said my friend Jeremy died in the rip-tide at Point Pelee - they found his body a week after the memorial service. A beautiful song that holds a deep amount of sorrow for me; so beautiful, I can still enjoy it amid the sadness. Uncannily fitting for such a situation.

1 Like

I had this song stuck in my head this morning.

3 Likes
1 Like

Tis the season…. For us Nutcracker people to get Waltz of the Flowers stuck in our heads! :cherry_blossom::joy:

3 Likes

This song is stuck in my head because I watched this reaction video about it a few days ago. It is definitely one of the better tracks off of “Hydra”, an symphonic metal album that went a bit too pop for my typical tastes.

1 Like

Featuring the whole tone scale and XTC’s own Dave Gregory.

3 Likes

Starships

1 Like

Dave Brubeck and Gerry Mulligan. What else do you need?

2 Likes

My brain is at it again…

:musical_note::notes:Dum de hee hee… hoa hoa… :notes: :musical_note:

sigh

4 Likes

I fought the law and the law won. The version by The Clash.

Started 5 days ago, other songs have popped into my head for a moment but that one just keeps coming back.

3 Likes

LOVE Brubeck, I was at this performance at Detroit Jazzfest in 2007; I must’ve been just a few people over from this videographer, because my view was almost from the same angle. He improvised a beautiful piece about Detroit later. Go, Dave!

2 Likes
3 Likes

In the late 50s/early 60s, my dad had tickets to a jazz tour that included going backstage after the show… at which he got to meet Brubeck, Stan Kenton, Gerry Mulligan, and more.

I don’t have enough green crayons to convey my envy. :smiley:

2 Likes

Not enough green crayons in the world! Stan Kenton! Wow!! I’ll just placate my envy with the whole, “Don’t get close to your heroes” proverb.

1 Like

Probably because I fell asleep listening to music around 3am last night, but woke up with “Death Trip” - Bad Livers in my head…but, by the time I finished running errands for family, it was “Manifesto No.1” - Shooter Jennings…

1 Like
1 Like

Autumn Leaves - Cannonball Adderley

3 Likes
1 Like